Whimsy Stamps ~ Whispers of Holland

Hey there my lovely crafty pals, I'm popping in to share a creation I made for one of my lovely Dutch friends. I knew when I first saw this beautiful die, that I needed to create something for this friend with it. I was playing with my Taffy papers recently and came up with the idea to try and create a Northern Lights kind of feel to the card. So I played around with lots of different patterns from the set, and then settled on this one, I say settled, but it was more of an 'aha' moment, as I think it's kinda perfect for this effect.


I diecut the beautiful windmill die in black to create a silhouette scene, but added some pale yellow cardstock to hint at lights in the house, the path I did in a dark grey to set it apart from the surrounding black. 


The rest of the design is essentially all that beautiful Taffy paper from Whimsy Stamps. How gorgeous is this for a Northern Lights scene?! I really am so excited by how well the vision I had came together! 


I chose a simple sentiment from one of Crissy Armstrong's clear stamp sets called Gnome Think Spring, it just worked so well for this creation. I like the crisp simple lines of this one. There was more than enough swirly whirly going on with the paper, without adding a sentiment with a curly font, so this was just perfect to finish the design.


I'm so happy with this card, it really does remind me of our visit to Holland. We had friends who lived in Rotterdam for a while and had a couple of lovely trips to Holland, so I was waxing nostalgic creating this card! I love the way all the elements came together on this. I hope you've enjoyed visiting today and checking out my crafty adventure, I'll be back soon with another, so until then, happy crafting! Hugs xoxo







Comments

coldwaters2 said…
This is a beauty Wendy that paper is amazing it shows up the scene perfectly a brilliant choice
hugs
lorraine x
Dawn T said…
Just stunning Wendy. It is incredible.
Sarah said…
Such a showstopper Wends. I love it when card making conjures up happy memories. Your friend will love it, for sure xx
Arlene said…
I love it when I have those "aha" moments. I love your scene.
Fikreta said…
It's so wonderful!
Chris said…
What a stunner Wends- perfect choice of paper for your fab die cut.
xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy