Lili of the Valley and Whimsy Stamps ~ Perfect Pairing

I've found a lovely combination of elements that has made a little batch of Christmas cards come together quite quickly! I've several gorgeous Lili of the Valley scenes, which are precoloured and printed on lovely heavy weight cardstock. So this was my launching point for these ideas. I've made several quite different designs, but all with essentially the same recipe. So let me share a few images with you of them. Click on the images to pop them up full size.




I really enjoyed creating these pretty Christmas cards, this fabulous multi aperture die from Whimsy Stamps made such a fun card design to work with for creating these cards. The beautiful Lili of the Valley pre-coloured toppers worked so beautifully with this die and it was fun thinking of ways to finish the design to work with the topper elements I'd used. I played around with differing heights, using foam to pop up some sections and recessed others. I've worked with the design both portrait and landscape, which works well both ways. The die can be flipped in all four directions to bring something different to the design. I honestly had such fun creating these cards. The only one which was not a Lili of the Valley topper, was the Gingerbread one, which I used Kaisercraft paper for the floury baking backdrop and stamped a Swedish Pepparkakor recipe onto it. I've used some red and green 'pops of colour' from Scrapbook.com to add the colour to the gingerbread men and sweeties on the stamp. I kept it very simple otherwise, just adding some sparkle to the floury star, which I wish I hadn't now, it looked really good just as a shape in flour on a baking bench, but I'll know for next time. You can click on the images above to see each one popped up full size to view the details better. But I'll finish my post here, as I've yet a couple more to share before December is out! Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo







Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy