Whimsy Stamps ~ Autumnal Vibes

Hey crafty friends, I'm popping in with another fun Autumnal themed creation today. I loved creating this, from the ink blending to choosing the shaker elements, but you know it's the sweet pandas that steal the show. I love this set by Krista Heij-Barber, the pandas are super cute and they're so quick and easy to colour up too!


I ink blended the background with several Autumnal toned Distress Oxide inks, from memory these were Scattered Straw in the centre, where the shaker window is, as the background for all the shaker bits. I then used Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Aged Mahogany and finally Black Soot to deepen the edges. I also used Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness for the green diecut elements. I'm really enjoying using domed foam blending heads for this type of ink blending. I prefer these when doing big panels to lay down colour quickly. My brushes I prefer using with stencils or for a soft ink blended look. I love having my fabulous Ink Stands too, they make things so much easier when ink blending. I splattered the ink blended panel with water when I finished and also with some Lindy's Moon Shadow Mist in Smoky Sapphire. These mists have a brown base tone, so work really nicely with an Autumnal theme.


I wanted to use the cute flame elements from a campfire embellishment set by This Calls For Confetti, to suggest that the pumpkin was lit. These are such cute little clay flames, so I sprinkled those liberally in the mix. I cherry picked other sequins from my stash to finish this sequin mix, most from This Calls For Confetti. They have such great sets, I often buy the ready made mixes, but also like to cherry pic elements out to better suit my makes when the whole mix isn't a perfect fit, which is what I did with these wee flames. 


I coloured this cute Panda with my copic markers and added some highlights in white pen and also used a black gelly roll to add the depth back to the eyes and nose. Simple touches which add that little extra finish. I need to add a little white highlight back in the eyes and on the nose, but the black ink was too wet still when I took the pics. 


I used the fabulous Build-A-Pumpkin-Patch Die Set for the extra ink blended leaves and pumpkins. I really like this die set, it's so versatile and perfect for those Autumnal creations. I cut three little pumpkins from the same pumpkin die, (there are 3 smaller ones in the set) but ink blended them all different hues. For the two orangey ones, I inked the stem in green to finish those and love how that came out. I ink blended the leaves, edge them after cutting and inked the spines for a bit of extra detail. I really like how this elements came out, so I popped the wee Panda on a little pile of leaves, with a few scattered above him as if we were jumping in them and on the opposite bottom corner, created a wee pumpkin patch.


Thanks for stopping in to visit me today, I appreciate it so much. I will be back soon with another crafty adventure, I hope you've enjoyed seeing this cute Autumnal make, I had such fun with all the ink blending. I wanted to share it sooner, but ended up with another bout of Shingles this past week! Too much stress in my life right now, sigh. Hopefully things will settle soon. I wish you a wonderful week and happy crafting. Hugs xoxo














Comments

Chris said…
Wow Wends, this looks fantastic! A lovely design, fabulous ink blending and beautiful haker- not to mention your cute panda and beautiful colouring.
So sorry you have shingles again, hope you feel better soon.
hugs
xxx
Dawn T said…
What a stunning card Wendy. Love the shaker element and that cute as panda. Hope you are feeling better. Shingles is no fun. Luckily I was able to get a free vaccination for it last week. Look after yourself and try not to stress tomorrow.
Pat said…
What an awesome card Wends, I absolutely adore everything about it, from the the cute panda so the shaker confetti, the colours and design are fabulous. So sorry you have Shingles, not nice had them once that was enough, I've had the vaccination now so hopefully never again. Take care and I hope you are soon feeling much better.

Pat xx
Lorraine said…
A stunning card Wendy, love the deep, rich colours and all the sparkle in the shaker pumpkin looks fab
Lorraine x
Fikreta said…
Its gorgeous card!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy