Oh Baby!

I have just found out that one of my favourite cousins and his new wife are expecting their first baby. I'm so chuffed to bits for them both. We attended their wedding earlier this year, which was such a beautiful event in Auckland's lovely Cornwall Park. This cousin is my 'twin' cousin, and I've always felt a real affinity for him, so it makes my heart sing to know he and his gorgeous new wife already have a sweet wee bairn on the way.

I need to make a few baby cards right now, as in addition to this lovely news, I also have two cousins that have just had their babies. So you'll see a few 'baby' cards on my blog over the next few days. I've opted for one of my favourite baby stamps from the fabulous Lili of the Valley team for this card. I've been a long time huge fan of Lili of the Valley stamps, my first stamp of theirs was a woodblock fairy. I've so many of their grey rubber stamps now, I'm trying to come up with a suitable storage idea. Hints and tips welcome! I'm thinking of going for a binder with laminated pages that I can stick the U-Mounted stamps straight onto. Not sure how well it protects the stamps though, so if anyone has tried this and has suggestions let me know. Anyway, onto my card. Because I have a few to make, I've gone for a CAS design, which I was really pleased with and coincided with the Passion for Promarkers CAS challenge really nicely. 


I used a lovely scallop edged card as the base and then stamped and coloured directly onto this. I was a little worried about colour bleed as I wasn't sure it was the best medium for alcohol inks, but my promarkers behaved perfectly. I added the sentiment which came with this sweet baby stamp and then finished with a simple doodled border and a coconut husk button. I'd have liked a bigger button, but didn't have anything quite right in a larger size, so stuck with this little one. I wanted to use a button as it worked well for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week. I think the wee button is okay, the card just needed something in that bottom left corner to balance it, so I was happy with that small simple fix.

I had a go at 'masking' the image too, to add the background colour. I know my masking wasn't perfect as it has left an obvious 'white space' where I should have cut the mask a little closer, but actually, for a first attempt, I'm pretty chuffed with this and I think it adds an almost ethereal feel to this sweet image. I used Tattered Rose Distress Ink as the background colour as I wanted a soft finish. It's not a perfect fit for the rather more dusky rose promarker I used to colour this image, but I think it still works and fits with the challenge colours over at 'Less Is More'. The Promarker colour is actually called 'Budding Rose' and is from the Spring 2012 Limited Edition pack. I really love this particular release and have used loads of these pens together recently.

DSC_5710

Thanks for popping in today. I hope you liked my CAS card and look forward to visiting you in return, so be sure to leave me a comment so I know you've been. Hugs, Wends x

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
CAS-ual Friday: #111 ~ CAS with Buttons
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: #155 ~ Anything Goes
Challenges For Everybody: #26 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: August ~ Anything Goes (I won this challenge - Woohoo! Sweet Prize!!)
Great Impressions Challenge: August ~ Square Cards
Passion For Promarkers: #210 ~ Clean & Simple Cards (I made Top 5 - Woop woop!)
613 Avenue Create: #31 ~ Anything Goes/With Optional Sentiment
Less Is More: #131 ~ Colour Challenge (I picked up on the dusky pink and earthy tones)

Comments

Gorgeous and lovely sentiment too! Thank you for playing along with us at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x
Sheila H said…
So sweet - the image is darling. I think the background coloring is beautiful - it really highlights the image. Thanks for sharing with 613 Avenue Create.
coops said…
so beautiful wendy.really love the adorable sweet image and your cas design is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Wendy. Such a delightful image and I love the CAS design.
Sue xx
Loopylou. said…
its gorgeous hunny and I actually quite like the white space from the masking,it looks fabuous
huge hugs Lou xx
Chana Malkah said…
This is a wonderful CAS design! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
simply monica said…
Beautiful card simple yet elegant. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions be sure to play along with us at next months challenge.

Hugs
Monica
Sanketi said…
Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!
Deb said…
Wendy, congrats to your cousin. A new baby to the family is such a wonderful thing. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Jen Nelson said…
super cute. Great Card!
Thanks for joining us for my CAS challenge at Passionf For Promarkers
Jen xx
Beverley said…
Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x
Another super cute card. Love this image and the way you shaded the pink around it.

Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT
Love the simplicity of this design, its really effective! Hugs, Janet xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy