Steampunk Funky Fun

I have some fabulous Funky Hand papers that I've been wanting to use, which are perfect for a 'Steampunk' theme and I was browsing through some lovely stamps from Jess College Fund recently and found the perfect stamp to work with these papers. I played with lots of different layouts and background colours before settling on this. But I'm super chuffed with how it all came together, especially the cogs, which I cut from the Funky Hand 'Steam Funk' paper with the darker cogs printed on it. I inked the X-Cut Chronology Cogs with both Victorian Velvet and Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, sprayed them with some heirloom gold Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist and edged them with Memento Black ink. A wee bit of a process to get the look I wanted, but I'm well chuffed with the finish. I used two of the cogs together, to make a 'cog-flower' base for the lovely sparkly black cabochon centre you see below and added a couple of black gems to the centres of two of the cogs. I also sprayed the lovely large rose from Wild Orchid Crafts with the Perfect Pearls Mist for a little extra shimmer.

13906133676_ea52a42023_b

The fabulous image is called Steampunk Girl and is from the talent behind Jess College Fund, which I've coloured with my Promarkers. I just loved this stamp the minute I saw it. I had no idea what I'd use it for, or who I'd colour it up for, but as I worked on my project, it became apparent this was meant for one of my sisters. I'm pretty sure she's going to love this, so I've made it up for her birthday. I don't like to make cards 'just because', I love to have a person in mind when I'm creating and quite often an occasion too. It's rare that I'll start with an image and not know who it's for. But halfway through this make, I knew very clearly where this was going. Such a nice feeling!

13906164046_6108eba7b2_b

The background paper is the brown spotty paper from the Steam Funk set and I've sprayed that with the Perfect Pearls Mist and then run the page over my non-stick craft mat, to spread it over the paper a bit more obviously, rather than the fine mist you otherwise get. I love how it came up.

13906072331_b2c33a62b7_b

I've used a great set of stamps from the Papermania Urban Stamps 'All Aboard' set to ink the postage and passport marks on the papers. The little tag is from the same set, which I inked in brown rather than black for a softer finish. The cool steampunk heart was a recent purchase via a lovely blog buddy of mine, which I added with a plain black brad to the pretty black velvet ribbon and lace strip. Below is a little montage of these details.

PicMonkey Collage8

Thanks for popping in today to my little corner of blogland. I hope you're having a fabulous Easter break. We've had a lovely Good Friday family day and are looking forward to more family fun tomorrow on Easter Sunday. So I'm squeezing in a few crafty hours today. Do check out the amazing papers over at Funky Hand, there are lots of fantastic sets, which are currently at a very special Easter price, so go fill your basket! Easter hugs to you all, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Party Time Tuesdays: #168 ~ Diecut Challenge
Sister Act Card Challenge: #53 ~ Anything Goes
Inky Chicks: #27 ~ Shabby Chic (Shabby Chic Steampunk)
Totally Gorjuss: #232 ~ Diecuts & Punches (Steampunk Cogs)
Deep Ocean Challenge: Inspired By A Movie (The Time Traveler's Wife)
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges: #70 ~ Anything Goes (3rd Entry)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Winged Things (Steampunk Winged Heart Charm)
Jess Challenge: Favourite Embellishment (3 - Lace, Flowers & Charm, love them all!)

Comments

Loopylou. said…
oh wendy I just adore this card, I loe the way even those gorgeous little cogs have coggy paper on them! so cool! you rock the steam punk feel too. We are so pleased to have you GDT-ing for us
huge hugs Lou xxx
Dawn T said…
Delightful Wendy. Such a great card. Well done on your GDT with Funky Hands
Chris said…
This is gorgeous, Wendy! Fab image and design, great colour scheme too. I love Steampunk it's such fun to do! Thanks for the lovely comment you left me!
Chris
x
Unknown said…
So beautiful card! Thank you for joining the challenge :)
Wishcraft said…
Fab image and your details are all perfect for her... Gorgeous hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Suzanne C said…
What a fun steampunk image and card! Lovely design and beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Alrik said…
It´s a stunning card
talkis23 said…
Wow I like your style.
coops said…
wow so stunning wendy.fantastic steampunk image and I love all your fab details and colouring :D

xx coops xx
Anonymous said…
Hi sweetie!
Appreciate you taking time to come visit my blog!
I hope that you all had a good Easter!
Glad to be on Southern Girls with you...I wasn't before for some
reason but am following your blog now =)

Warmly, Leah

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy