Les Buddies!

Hi blogging buddies. Wow this week has been a long one. Poorly kiddos again and just to top it off, I spent all Saturday in bed, boo! Not my favourite way to spend the day, with a high fever. But on a happy note, seems I've burned off the bugs and feel loads better today. Well enough in fact, to share with you a fun crafty make I made for my brother-in-law, who had his birthday this past week. He's a huge fan of the Minions and came with us to the recent Minions movie. We all really enjoyed the movie, so when I was thinking of what to make for his birthday card, I thought a lil' Minion would be really fun. 


I saw something similar recently on another bloggers site, I can't recall where or I'd give her a lil' hat-tip. But suffice to say, the idea is not original to me, but this is my take on it. When I was creating this, I had the general idea in my head, a pill shaped yellow thingy wearing dungarees, right?! Think I captured the essence.


So there was a process I went through to create this fun card. First I made a mental note of what these wee critters look like and then found some paper that toned with their banana yellow flesh. I added a few appropriately placed strips of POP tape in denim to create the dungarees. I used my Metallic Promarker to freehand draw the little stitching on the dungarees, which came out better than I'd hoped, as the tape is quite shiny and I wasn't sure it would set on that surface, but it worked a treat. LOVE my Letraset pens, they never fail me.


To create the glasses, I cut a circle frame using two circle dies held together by washy tape, so they didn't move to give just enough depth for the silver frame. I used a silver cardstock for this. I diecut a white circle the size of the bigger frame circle and then a really tiny black one to create the pupil. I didn't think I needed to do the iris as well, but if you're being fancy, that could be done too.


Now these little guys, AKA 'Les Buddies', were in the recent film and my kiddos as a treat had a McDee's, which came with these lil guys on their box, so I kept the box and the good lil' recycler I am, turned them into part of the card. So the sentiment went above, hand-written, which read, Happy Birthday and Lots of Love, from Les Buddies! Needless to say, my brother-in-law was nuts about this and the kiddos got a very happy phone call after he opened the parcel (which included a 'Les Buddies' shirt too!)


I hope this brings a smile to your face. It was too easy really and great fun to do. If you've any Minion fans, have a go, it's super fun and really simple. I'll be back to check on ya'll soon, but now it's time to go hang out with the biggest Minion loving dude in the house. Catch ya later. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: #72 ~ Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge: #158 ~ Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge: #239 ~ Card for a Child (A 'Big' Kid!)
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes with option of Black White & One other colour (If you don't count the yellow 'skin', it's black, white and denim :)

Comments

Tracey T said…
Brilliant! You did a great job with this, Wends. Hope you're all feeling better now xx
Glad you Re feeling better. This is such a fun make, look forward to seeing this movie
Sarah said…
Brilliant!! xx
Chris said…
Glad you've recovered from your nasty bug, bad enough when the kids are poorly without catching it yourself!
Super little Minion card! My middle granddaughter is a huge Minion fan (has a large collection which she drags about with her, talking to them lovingly by name!!!) and she would adore this!
Clever design and great recycling too!
Chris
x
Amy Cohen said…
Such a great idea- love the denim tape. Wonderful job!
Dawn T said…
how adorable. Know wonder he loved it.
Anna said…
Wonderful!!!! I love Minions...
Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!
Anna Dt
mags said…
A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x
Sammy said…
Love, love, LOVE this! And if you don't mind too much I may need to "borrow" this idea for my daughter's birthday card later this year. She's rather obsessed with Minions! x
OMG I love Minions, so fun! he's going to love it.
Lovely idea and thanks for sharing it with us over at Brown Sugar Challenge!
Pamela said…
Great creation, thank you for joining us at Crafting from the heart.

Pam x
Such a fun card, Wends, hope you're feeling much better now.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy