Sweet Stampin' - Bon Voyage

Hey there lovely blog buddies. We are kicking off a new challenge today over on the Sweet Stampin' blog. This time, we are looking for all your travel and farewell inspired creations. Our wonderful sponsors for this challenge are the lovely team at Crafty Ribbons. So our winner is in for a sweet prize!



Our 'Bon Voyage' travel theme worked really well for me, as my mummy is overseas with my baby sister right now, helping out after the birth of her baby girl. I took the opportunity when family were all gathered together to say their goodbyes, to have everyone write Mummy a special message (who doesn't love to know how much they're loved and adored right?!). I planned to then post her this lovely snail-mail after she arrived in the US.


I whipped this up in a bit of a hurry, to catch everyone at her farewell dinner, so kept the style very CAS. My mama utterly loves purple, so I reached for a lilac page I had from a beautiful Hobby House set - The Mo Manning Card & Bag Making Kit - which had a pre-cut scalloped circle in it. I thought this was perfect for framing the fun Tiddly Inks image called Joy Ride I've used. I used my Metallic Marker from Letraset to colour the car. Shame you can't quite see the metallic sheen in this pic, but it's there! I used Promarkers for the rest of the colouring all in shades of purple.


We're missing my lovely mummy, but just as she did for me when I was living in the UK and had my babies, she's supporting my youngest sister with her first born. Such precious times and oh my goodness how I needed my mummy. So delighted she can do this now for my baby sis too. An amazing lady and quite the jetset my ma.


Well that's it folks a simple but sweet make from me today. I hope you'll come on over to the Sweet Stampin' blog and join in our 'Bon Voyage' theme this challenge. We'd love to see your take on it. I'll be back again soon with my next crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
4 Crafty Chicks: #257 ~ Anything Goes
Passion For Promarkers: #307 ~ Jolly Holiday
A Bit More Time To Craft: #1 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
The ABC Challenge: 'O' is for Open ~ Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenges: July ~ Summer Breeze (Summer Road Trip!)

Update: I made Top 5 with this card on the Passion for Promarkers Challenge. Thanks ladies! So thrilled.


Comments

Hey Wends, this is soo lovely & even more special to be reading the story behind it...awww.

Have a lovely weekend hon xxx
Tracey T said…
I'll bet your mum loves this gorgeous card, Wends. Love this TI image and your colour choice is fab. Lovely that your mum will travel across the world to help out when she's needed - sounds like an amazing lady. xx
Chris said…
Love the card, Wends. The CAS design shows off the cute image perfectly. What a lovely idea to make this for your amazing Mum, she'll be delighted with it. I'm sure she's enjoying her time with your sister and the new baby as much as she did when it was your turn to need her! How lovely to have such a close and supporting family!
Have a great weekend.
Chris
x
Sarah said…
Such a gorgeous card Wendy and Mum will love it f o r sure xx
Wendy said…
Gorgeous card Wends, love the fab image, so cute!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Little K Smith said…
A lovely card, I love the sweet image and pretty colours!
Thank you for joining us at Passion For Promarkers :)
Kelly.x
Karen Oliver said…
Aw lovely story and lovely card, mum will totally love it xo
Lozzy said…
Gorgeous card..Thanks for joining A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge..Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x
Nannieflash said…
Fabulous card love the image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx
Fabulous card, Wends, I'm sure your Mum will adore it, många kramar till dig, enjoy the rest of the weekend, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit
Peanut said…
This is a cute cute card, Wendy!!! LOVE the image... adorable. Your Mum will be thrilled to get it. Thank for your lovely comment on my blogs.
xxx Asha
Teresa Kline said…
hello Wendy! luvin this fun card, makes me want to pack my bags....teeehehehehe...cutie patootie! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*
Donna said…
Too cute Wendy, love this adorable little image and your colouring is perfect! Many thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers this week...good luck! :) Donna ♥ x
Pop's Cards said…
Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, :0)
Tamie said…
Clean and simple makes for an very inspiring creation! Love it and the colors. That car is super cute. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT
Pia S said…
So sweet and simple, fun image and great coloring!
So cute and adorable card !
Thanks for joining in the fun at A Bit More Time To Craft and GOOD LUCK !
Maryvonne DT Member
What a fun card - adorable image!
mixamatoasties said…
This is fab Wends. I love the die cut frame, that's such a great idea, I might use that!

Great story, and a brilliant card.

Susan xx
OMGosh this is so adorable!!!
Nikki said…
Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy