Sweet Stampin' - School Days

Woohoo, check me out, it's only been a couple of days, and I'm back again with a new post. I'm on a roll, LOL. It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week we are looking forward to seeing your 'School Days' creations. 


I chose to make a bookmark for my daughter Georgie for this challenge. She's done so well with her reading this year, she's top of her class for Reading & Comprehension, so I thought it would be nice to celebrate this with a special bookmark to mark this achievement. I found an enchanting stamp from 'A Day For Daisies' for this make called 'Book Dreams'.


I love this enchanting stamp. When I'd coloured this up for Georgie, I could see that it would make a great gift for my book loving Swedish pal, so I made one for her too.


Once I had tracked down a quote I loved, I used my computer to create the sentiment beside the image, which is a Neil Gaiman quote and reads...

"A book is a dream that you hold in your hand" ~ Neil Gaiman

I think this quote is so perfect for this image and a great celebration of how well our daughter is doing with her reading in school.


I've used my Distress Inks to colour up both these sweet images and I've printed them onto two very gorgeous Michele Roos digital papers and digitally added a shadow to each image. The sweet blue butterfly paper was offered free by Michele as a promotion and so was the pretty coral pink paper. I have loads of her delish papers and I've been wanting to use these two pretty papers for some time, and thought this make worked really well with them. I have been hunting to find the name of the two papers, so I could reference them properly, but alas haven't yet, so watch this space, I'll update when I have the detes.


The cool tassels I've tied on the bookmarks, came on a fancy soap wash I bought a while back and I knew I'd find the perfect make to include these on. So happy with how they look on these bookmarks. I'm actually going to laminate both the bookmarks and then add the tassels again afterwards. But wanted to take the pics first incase something went wrong in the laminating process! Don't laugh, it's happened before!!


Right, that's it from me tonight. Pop on over to the Sweet Stampin' blog to check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to and join us for this fun 'School Days' challenge, there's a fab prize up for grabs from 'Crafts U Love'. See ya'll again really soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Cutie Pie Challenge: #90 ~ Cute & Girly
Crafting From The Heart: #75 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes + Optional Twist CYOC
Crafty Catz Challenge: #290 ~ Use a Golden Oldie Stamp (I've had this digital stamp ages!)
Stamping Sensations: Anything Goes with a Stamp and a Die (ADFD digital stamp and Spellbinders die use to create shaped end of bookmark.)
Dream Valley Challenge: #114 ~ Back To School (Bookmark created for my daughter to use in her school reading books.)

Update: I won the Dream Valley prize, but was too late to claim. Thanks for the opportunity ladies.


Comments

So pretty and I love that quote, great makes x
Tracey T said…
Book marks are wonderful gifts, particularly when you're trying to encourage reading from an early age, so well done you with this beautiful creation for Georgie. Early readers usually find it easier to learn new concepts so you get a gold star for being a brilliant mama! Have a fabby weekend xx
Sarah said…
Aaaaaaah Wendy , these are wonderful, particularly for a bookworm, like me!! xx
Awww, such fabulous book marks to Georgie and your Swedish friend. I love Neil Gaiman too, bought two of his books today :)

Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit
coldwaters2 said…
Oh Wendy these bookmarks are so beautiful the image is so delicate looking the sentiment is perfect I love them both.
hugs
Lorraine x
mixamatoasties said…
These are fab Wends. Love the little quote and the wee girl reading her book is a great image! Perfect for a bookmark.

Susan x
Chris said…
Gorgeous bookmarks Wends! Beautiful image, love the distress ink colouring, and a really lovely quote! Being a ex children's librarian I'm all for encouraging children (or anyone!!) to read and discover the magic in a book!
Chris
x
Louise F NZ said…
These are just gorgeous Wendy. love the sweet (lol see what I did there ;) ) colours and cute images xx
Kat W said…
These are wonderful, what a great image and sentiment for a bookmark and the recycled tassels are a lovely pretty finish :-) I hope all goes well with the laminating and I'm sure these will be much loved and used.

Thanks for your super sweet comments on my blog the other day...they really made me smile :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx
Mandy said…
Gorgeous bookmarks Wendy! The image is adorable and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx
Eret said…
So adorable bookmarks. Love your coloring of the images and the added tassels. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x
brenda said…
These are very pretty bookmarks Wendy, sue you daughter will love them.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations Challenge.

B x
Sheryl said…
This is such a beautiful bookmark. I love the image. Well done to your daughter - a love of reading is a treasure. Thanks for stopping by at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hugs Sheryl DT xx
Aunty Sue said…
These are brilliant and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ in our use a old stamp challenge.
Aunty Sue DT
Unknown said…
This is really sweet and beautifully done and I love that you've taken out this old stamp to make this amazing project perfect for our 'golden oldie' challenge at Crafty Catz. Thank you for joining us and please come back again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful bookmarks love the image and great sentiment-one of the best gifts for a child teaching them to read--Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
Carol DT x
Shona Hamill said…
Fantastic bookmarks, what a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges. Shona x
Helen said…
Gorgeous project,

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy