Southern Girls Challenge ~ Add Some Stamping

Hey there my lovely blogland pals. It's time again for a new challenge at Southern Girls and this week, we are having an 'Add Some Stamping' challenge. So I pulled out my lovely Altenew stamps which you can find at Krafter's Cart, one of our fabulous regular sponsors at Southern Girls. 


It is my first time playing with these lovely stamps and I didn't have the right inks! So I've used a mix of Distress inks and Distress Oxide inks. I think this came out okay for a first try. I created this card for my lil' boy Zac to give to his lovely teacher who has been off on sick leave recently. He wrote a lovely message himself to go inside the card. He's struggling a bit with writing, he's left handed, so it seems to be a bit of a struggle to form letters well, but he's working on it and doing so much better. His teacher was delighted with his effort, so that was sweet. 


The sentiment comes as part of this lovely stamp set, which is called Painted Rose. I decided to use London Fog Memento Ink to stamp the sentiment rather than black, as I'd opted to use Iced Spruce Distress Ink for one of the layers of the leaves and I thought it would look nice to have a more grey tone sentiment. I added Wink of Stella over the 'You' in the sentiment, just to add a little sparkle and interest. The wings of the dragonfly were also coated with Wink of Stella. It doesn't photograph well, but is so pretty in reality. The dragonfly body I coated with Glossy Accents, for a bit of dimension and then coated with Wink of Stella once it was dry. 


I didn't have the 'right' sort of sequins to add around the sentiment, I'd love to have added some Pretty Pink Posh clear iridescent sequins, but alas, I'm still trying to source something similar. If any of the NZ crew know where I can get pretty sequins in NZ, let me know! So it's a little more CAS than I intended, but I think the glitter strip on the side adds just enough bling anyway. The base card is actually a really pretty shimmer cardstock too, so in reality, more shine and bling than is apparent in the pics.


I hope you'll come and join us for our 'Use Some Stamping' challenge and I look forward to seeing what you create. Pop on over to the challenge to see what my talented teamies have been up to. They are an incredibly talented team and I love how diverse our creations are each challenge. You're sure to leave inspired. Have an awesome week. I've my two kiddos home today poorly, so our mild Winter has finally taken some hostages. Already on the mend though, resilient kiddies that they are. So fingers crossed back to normal soon. Hugs to you all, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
613 Avenue Create: #200 ~ Anything Goes
The Little Red Wagon: #406 ~ Bugs & Slugs
Creative Inspirations: #279 ~ Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenges: #18 ~ Let It Sparkle!
Crafting By Designs: August ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #31 ~ Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations: August ~ Anything Goes
Come And Get It: Time To Die (Diecuts Challenge)
The Paper Shelter Challenge: #304 ~ Blooming Days
Moving Along With The Times: #51 ~ Things That Fly

Comments

Isn't it exciting Wendy when you use stamps for the first time:) Your Roses look like they've been painted rather than stamped and I quite like the fact that you didn't have the right inks as you've achieved a completely different look. Your card looks artistic and has a contemporary feel to it, and I'm not at all surprised that your Son's teacher liked it, it's fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x
Oh Wends this is gorgeous - the flowers look wonderful - trying to get coordinating inks for these layered stamps can be 'fun'.
Sorry to hear your little people are poorly - we have one grandie 'down' with chicken pox and are waiting for her sibling to show up with it too....
Blessings
Maxine
Wendy L said…
Gorgeous roses, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxxx
brenda said…
A really beautiful and elegant creation, those blooms are stunning, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x
Unknown said…
Gorgeous card with beautiful flowers

Thank you for joining our 'Things That Fly' Challenge at MAWTT

June/DT :)
Chris said…
Such gorgeous roses Wends! The stamping looks lovely, I love the effect you have achieved here. The simplicity of the design is beautiful and so is the little shimmering dragonfly (have never thought of adding Wink of Stella on top of glossy accents- must try it :)
Hope the children make a speedy recovery!
Chris
x
Waleska said…
Beautiful card thank you for playing with us at Always Fun Challenges!
DT Waleska
Cara said…
Beautiful card, I love that you used the grey for the sentiment, it adds a softer look and the sparkle on the dragonfly is perfect x
Kate said…
Such a pretty card - and your mix of inks worked out wonderfully! The dragonfly is such a lovely touch too!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper
Fikreta said…
gorgeous card!
Rene said…
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene
Jasmina said…
Great card. Love the dragonfly die cut.
Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It Challenge.
Creative world said…
Beautiful elegant card for all occasions.Love your coloring...Thank you for joining us at COLOUR CRAZY CHALLENGE this week
Željka DT xx
crafty-stamper said…
Great CAS card and Love the beautiful stamp---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy