Welcome Luca

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. I made a lil' promise in my last post, that I would share the 'pair' to the orange card that I began creating for my mother-in-law's card set, only to change my mind, part way through the creation and turn it into a card for my own mummy. 

This is the card from my mother-in-law's card set

This is it's 'pair' which would have worked well in that set.

Halfway through the project for my mother in law, I started making baby cards for my little nephew's arrival. This card just jumped out at me to be included in that celebration. So I sent the altered card to my mummy to celebrate this wonderful new arrival in our family. But I needed to make a wee change, spot the difference...


The stamping was originally perfect, but I used a water soluble ink and a breeze lifted it as I was taking photos and it dropped in the damp grass below, which made the ink run! I was crest fallen, but gladly my mummy is a forgiving soul and would be very unlikely to mention this even if she noticed! I love the tumbling hearts on these cards and the way the wee Doohickey ellie just finished this card perfectly to suit being a celebration of my mummy's time with her precious new Grandchild. The ellie is from Doohickey Magazine Volume 13 ~ Sweet Pea, which features sweet baby themed dies.


I made a similar card for my baby sister, which I will share in a seperate post, so watch for that. Becky is the youngest of us, we are seven siblings, so she's our baby! She had a beautiful daughter first and now has her gorgeous boy Luca, a pigeon pair like mine. I sent a couple of cards to her to celebrate this event and I made the above card for our mummy at the same time. Mummy is currently living with my baby sister, in the US, and helping her with her two babes. I remember how special it was for me, when my mum came over to the UK for the first few weeks of my babies lives. It was such a special time. She is a truly amazing mum and a wonderful Gran-mummy. So I wanted to celebrate this special event for 'her' and in the process, celebrate all she is to us and means to us. We are blessed to have our mummy alive and well and I treasure her input in our lives. I'm blessed to call this extraordinary woman - Mum. She has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know and has shaped the way I see this world. Well that's enough baring of my soul for one day. Wishing you all beautiful days. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
City Crafter's Challenge: #375 ~ No Flowers
Colour Crazy Challenge: #32 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenge: #47 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #63 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Add A Sentiment
Crafty Creations Challenges: #348 ~ Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #169 ~ Anything Goes with Ribbon

Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Very sweet, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Dawn T said…
Gorgeous cards and a lovely post about your Mum, Wendy.
Chris said…
A beautiful card Wends for your lovely Mum!
hugs
Chris
x
Cara said…
Gorgeous and I love the story behind them x
Christine L said…
You made some beautiful cards here Wends... I do love that tumbling hearts border too - and the words on both creations are truly inspiring.

I'm so glad to hear how much you treasure your Mum - mine passed away in 1989 - nearly 30 years ago now, and I still miss her. Sometimes when I hear people moan about their parents, I want to shout TREASURE them while you have them!

Have a lovely weekend..
Christine x
Rae Ann said…
The orange is so vibrant and cheerful! I really like the way you have used it for these cards. The heart cut out adds such a great detail without overpowering the entire design!

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.
Unknown said…
Very sweet, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!


หนังจีน

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy