Sweet Stampin' ~ Cute & Cuddly

Hey there lovely crafty pals. It's been a full and busy week for me, so I'm racing in late with my DT post for Sweet Stampin'. We have a great challenge for you this week. We want to see your 'cute & cuddly' creations. How sweet is that?!! I couldn't decide what to do at first, I had a baby card that I thought was pretty cute and cuddly, but at the last minute decided to go for this snuggly monster make. Doesn't this big guy remind you a little of Sully from Monster's Inc? I wanted to colour him up that way, but he wanted to be purple, so purple it is!


Inspired by Sully's blue, I used aqua as the accent colour. I think it works a treat. I used my Promarkers for this creation as I've not many 'colours' in my copics yet. (I'm having guilts over leaving my Promarkers, as I have always so loved them, but I'm having fun trying the hair and skin colours with my copics.) Her hair was done with copics. I love the darker shades in the copics, which I don't have in my Promarkers. Really dark hair was always a challenge previously and this card was made for one of my bestie's little girls, so the hair needed to be dark brown.


PicMonkey has just decided it wants to charge for all editing, so I only have a couple of pics today, as I need to find a new editing suite. Something I can easily add my watermark from and lighten the watermark too, as I was made a really gorgeous one by one of my lovely blog buddies Janine, but I need to be able to lighten it when using it over an image. So any advice about free editing suites that you rate, would be really welcome!


The sweet image is of course Stamping Bella from the Tiny Townie Collection and is called Dorothy The Dreamer. I have wanted this stamp for so long and I think it's going to get lots of use! I'm keen to try some different colour combo's. I paper-pieced the pillow on my card to be a lilac gingham and I love how that turned out. I used a die for the gingham mat that was from a Magnolia Doohickey Club set and the little heart trimmed tag was also. It's from the Baby set called Sweat Pea, Volume 13. The cool sentiment I used on the card comes from another Stamping Bella set called Rebecca Loves To Read from their Uptown Girls Collection. 


I hope you'll pop on over to Sweet Stampin' and join in the challenge with us. While you're there, check out the awesome inspiration from the rest of the DT too, they're a madly talented bunch and I always leave inspired after checking out my DT pals creations. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, but right now, I need some chill time with my hubby. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
I Love Promarkers: #343 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: #434 ~ Things With Wings
Colour Crazy Challenge: #38 ~ Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe: #181 ~ Stitching Real or Faux
Crafty Creations Challenge: #350 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: September ~ Any Image Challenge
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #172 ~ Anything Goes with Ribbon
Crafty Catz: #385 ~ Birthday Party Time! (Birthday card for a friends daughter)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Shimmer & Shine (Stickles on skirt for glittery shimmer and bling on sentiment and butterfly for shimmer and shine too)
Simons Says Wednesday Challenge: Pop It Up (Central circle popped up on foam for dimension and butterfly wings also popped up for effect of flight)

Update: What a lovely surprise! I won the fab 'Dr Digi' prize at I Love Promarkers and also was named in their Top 3. Woohoo, what a fabulous and lovely surprise to come home from our Spring break to. Thank you so much ladies! xoxo



Second Update: I was named in the Top 3 at Crafter's Cafe. Thank you so much ladies. I'm honoured and delighted!


Comments

Lucy Patrick said…
That is such a sweet image Wendy, I agree! And you've created a beautiful card with it, I love that quote, it's so true isn't it? I love the colour choice too and the little tag. Have a fantastic weekend, XOX Lucy
Chris said…
A perfect card for a little girl, love the sweet image with the cuddly monster, looks beautiful in those colours! The gingham background and your pretty die cuts make a lovely frame. Have to agree with that wonderful sentiment too.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Chris
x
Sarah said…
I love Monsters inc so this fabby card is right up my street, together with the gorgeous colours and superb sentiment. I use Photoscape to add my watermark, it's free and very easy to use xx
Wendy said…
Oh love this Wends, super super cute image and so gorgeous!
Hugs
Wendy xx
brenda said…
A really pretty image for our Wings theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x
Dawn T said…
what an adorable card Wendy. It is really beautifully coloured.
Cara said…
Fabulous card, love the purple and aqua combo. I do love my copics, the brush nib is just gorgeous to work with. You did a fantastic job colouring this card x
Christine L said…
Certainly cute and cuddly Wends... and I LOVE the aqua and purple combo!

Sorry can't help with suggestions re photo editing - I use Photoshop Elements... relatively cheap compared to the full programme, and it does all I need.

Christine x
Kathleen said…
Gorgeous colour combination and a really super image, great design too.
Thank you for joining our 'Things with wings' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x
This is gorgeous! I love all that fabulous purple. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your art with us. Have a blessed week!
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon
What a charming and precious card! I am a librarian and lit nerd, so of course you had me with that quote! And what an adorable picture to go along with it. You did color it masterfully and I like how you let the monster be whatever color he needed to be! I also love all the embellishments you added to give some extra texture. It's sophisticated and whimsical and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
debby4000 said…
Wonderful card and love that sweet image.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby
Aunty Sue said…
What a lovely card and thanks for joining us art crafty catz in our Birthday challenge and dont forget we have a GDT for october up for grabs just add GDt after your name
mixamatoasties said…
Love love love this! Absolutely gorgeous card. I love that image (which I have, but I think I've only used it once, I think I need to use it again soon....)

Susan xx
cass said…
Absolutely gorgeous, love the colour combo. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Stitching Real or Faux" challenge.
Caz said…

This is lovely thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz. And good luck, hope to see you again soon.
Caz CC DT.
My Blog
Crafty Catz

ps i use to use picmonkey..have found photoscape is good and is free, just google it..
Meg said…
Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge!
CraftyNatalie said…
Lovely card, I love stamping bella images and this townie is a favourite. Beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at I love Promarkers this fortnight.
HeatherB said…
Super sweet! Love the purples. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy