Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge ~ Sweet Autumn Happiness

Hey there my lovelies. It's my 24th Wedding Anniversary today and my in-laws have arrived to spend the week with us. It's been a super hot day, so we've been camped out in front of the fan. But we've had a lovely evening chatting and catching up. I shared the card I created for my hubby with you last Wednesday, but of course saved it to give to him today. We have a new challenge starting at Whimsy Stamps today, so I want to share a new card with you, that I created last week. I had fun with a very gorgeous Whimsy Stamp called Autumn Happiness. This lil' guy is utterly delish. The sweetness in his face, there's no way this wee cutie blows fire! I just love the way he's watching the leaves fall and don't ask me why I'm doing an Autumn card in the middle of my Summer! But he was just too sweet to resist! LOL.


I've used the most delish papers today too. They're digital papers from a gorgeous set called Autumn Papers 2 designed by Tracy Wray for Whimsy Stamps. I just love the Autumnal tones in this set. They work perfectly with the colours I chose for my wee Autumn Dragon. As usual, I coloured first and then thought about papers. So imagine my joy when Tracy's gorgeous Autumn papers were utterly perfect for the job!


I coloured the wee dragon with my Promarkers in a range of Autumn shades. I just love that rich deep purple of his body. My kind of purple! I was a little tired, so don't look too closely at the lines! Back to colouring school for me! Hehe. I've kept the card simple, no sentiment as yet, as I don't know exactly what occasion I'll use it for. But I rather like it without one, so I think I'll add it to the inside as I often do.


You can find the gorgeous Whimsy Stamps goodies that I've used to create this card instore. I'll soon be adding links direct to each product in the store through a new affiliate programme they've just launched. If you love Whimsy products like me, check it out! Head on over to the new challenge and see what my talented team mates have been up to. So much gorgeousness to inspire you there! We'd love to see your Whimsy Stamps creations too, so do join in the challenge! I'll be back again soon with a new crafty adventure. Big hugs and happy crafting until then.


Challenge Entries:
Colour Crazy Challenge: #2 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #358 ~ Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge: #172 ~ Something New (new digital paper, I LOVE it!)
Creative Inspirations: January ~ Something New (new digital paper, I LOVE it!)

Comments

Chris said…
Happy Anniversary Wends!
Love the card ...I have a soft spot for dragons, wanted a pet dragon as a child...but my Mum wouldn't let me... and this little purple one is adorable! Beautiful papers and design too.
Chris
x
Sarah said…
Happy Anniversary!! I love the gorgeous rich colours of this card and what a cute dragon!! xx
Happy Anniversary x fabulous card, great colours and cute image
Dawn T said…
Congrats on your wedding anniversary. Ours is the 21st Jan.... 40 years. What a gorgeous card you have shared today. A super cute dragon image.
Karen said…
Happy Anniversary, my sweet friend! Wishing you both continued love and happiness. :) Your card is absolutely precious! The image is adorable.. I love the rich color palette you chose! Not only is is stunning, but it's especially beautiful atop the background paper. Amazing work as always, my sweet and talented friend. Have a sparkly day, sweet Wends. :) (That's a lot of sweet in this comment! hehe!)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Fikreta said…
its so very adorable!
Cara said…
Congratulations on your anniversary. Your card is so sweet and I love the background papers x
Meighan Wheller said…
Happy Anniversary Wendy to you and your hubby. Love this card. Super cute image and fabulous colouring. We shall have to catch up next time I am in NZ.
Rene said…
LOVE this image! Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic creation with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
Rene

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy