Whimsy Wednesday ~ Too Sweet

Hey there lovelies, as often happens my DT posts are all due around the same time this week, so you'll have a glut of posts from me. This is my Whimsy Wednesday Inspiration post. I've chosen an adorable image from Whimsy Stamps illustrator Sylvia Zet for this creation. This cutie is called Pixie and you can find her in the Whimsy Stamps Store. I love this wistful image, Sylvia's images are so charming. I had great fun colouring her up with my copics and I added a little Wink of Stella to her wings once she was coloured. Very subtle, but in the right light, oh so pretty!


I used a pretty Go Kreate die to cut the card shape, added some sparkly hessian behind the image and a bit of Organza Ribbon in a lovely shade of gold, some little Wood Chip hearts and I was almost done. 


All that remained to add was a sentiment and I knew I wanted to use the fabulous sentiment set called Happy Headlines designed by Deb Davis, the 'too sweet' sentiment was perfect for this card. So I chose a sheer vellum to stamp and emboss it on, so that the pretty papers designed by Denise Lynn could show through. Fingers crossed these will be available in the store very soon. 


I took this last shot outside, which shows the beautiful colours so well, but not the pretty sparkle, I'm including it just to show the beautiful paper, which showed up so well in this shot.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest Whimsy Wednesday post, I'll be back of course next week with another and if you love Whimsy Stamps as I do, get creating so you can join in the fun with our next challenge starting on March 15th. The prize is Whimsy goodies, so it's so worth joining in! If you love the goodies I used and want to do some shopping, head straight to the Whimsy Store via the link below.


I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you happy days, restful nights and plenty of crafting time! Hugs xoxo




Challenge Entries:
Creative With Stamps: February ~ Heart
Lemon Shortbread: #61 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #76 ~ Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: #327 ~ Things That Fly (Fairies)
613 Avenue Create: #206 ~ Anything Goes + Optional Twist ~ Love 
Moving Along With The Times: #65 ~ Things of the Sky (Bird & Fairy)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Grunge It Up (Ink distressed the background paper)
Creative Inspirations: February ~ Love Is In The Air (totally besotted with my new baby niece!)
Sugar Pea Challenge: #40 ~ Mix It Up (I've used the soft candy colours from the colour inspiration to colour my image)


Comments

Sarah said…
Ooh, this is so pretty. I am a great fan of Sylvia Zet's artwork as she captures their expressions so well and you have done such a great job with her. I love the oil on water effect of the paper too and the gold accents look brilliant xx
Chris said…
Ooooh, love your sweet stamp Wends, these Sylvia Zet fairies are so pretty. Lovely design and colours, brilliant photo too...I can see the sparkle on her wings:))
xx
Cara said…
This is just adorable x
Wendy L said…
Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx
Gina's Cards said…
Such a gorgeous card Wendy.Love the adorable image and wonderful design. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
Wow what an amazing card and I love how you softly coloured the fairy! The wink of stella on her wings sparkly so beautifully! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stamps and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations again. Hugs DT Gwendolyn
Megan J said…
Hi Wendy, a beautiful card, love the sparkle you added to her wings. Thank you for coming along to play with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF
Meihsia Liu said…
Your card is gorgeous! Love the cute image and the fabulous embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)
Maria Valente said…
So cute! Thanks for sharing at Creative With Stamps Challenge this month.
Hugs, Mary (DT)
CraftyNatalie said…
Great card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Sheila H said…
Your delicately colored fairy looks delightful. I love the shape of the card base. That bow is amazing.
~amy~ said…
So sweet, love your coloring.
Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!
Kerin said…
Such a sweet image, and I love the sparkle on the wings! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy