Colour Crazy Challenge ~ Oddballs

A warm hello today as I swing in with the cutest Oddball make ever! I'm here to share my GDT creation for the Colour Crazy Challenge and let me tell ya, this one is a cutie! The sponsor this week, is the Oddball Art Company. I love their name, because some of their characters really are oddball, it's very tongue in cheek, but there are also some really sweet wistful fairytale characters too. The DT was given a choice of two designs to work with and I'd spotted these fellas a while back. They remind me a wee bit of the 'glumps' my kiddos used to watch and play with from Moshi Monsters. So I found them quite fun to colour up. This wee bunch is aptly named 'Magical Pile of Cute'.


I wanted to do a real rainbow of colours, bright, cheeky and cheerful. So I've gone with quite a bold palette. Last minute I decided they needed a sky behind them, so quickly inked that in before making up the creation. You can see in the pic below the unfinished design before I added the clouds. I also added some white Flower Soft to all the little puff-ball antennae and some Wink of Stella to the unicorn horns. They really are like an invasion of cute aliens! LOL.


I had some papers sitting on my craft desk from a magazine I'd been flipping through, which I spotted had a lovely bright paper amongst them. So I used that as the backing paper for this design and I LOVE it! I think it works a treat with this bright wee bunch of characters. The sentiment printed as part of the design, so I used it as it was, which was a nice simple solution for a sentiment. I matted the image layer with two little accent colours. The red cardstock strips that I'd trimmed off the side when cutting my base down to size and I also added a lovely adhesive glitter paper in blue for a bit of interest and bling. A simple but effective finishing touch I think. You might recall in a recent creation I spoke about finding this 'adhesive school book wrap' in glitter in my supermarket and thinking this could make an elegant and less expensive glitter cardstock solution to what I usually use. This roll is huge! So will last me for a long while.


Well that's it from me for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing this colourful collection of fluffy fun! Do pop on over to the Colour Crazy Challenge to see what the rest of the team got up to for this challenge. The other image the DT used was a lovely mushroom fairy house, so be sure to check out those gorgeous creations. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. In the meantime, have a wonderful week and happy crafting! Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Craft Rocket: #51 ~ Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread: #74 ~ Anything Goes
Love To Craft: #25 ~ August Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #212 ~ Magic or Fantasy
Crafting By Designs: August ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments: #210 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment
Crafty Calendar Challenge: August ~ Dots and/or Stripes

Comments

What totally adorable fluffy fun characters you have there Wends, and so beautifully coloured and mounted - it really adds to the images.
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Very cute and very colourful! This is a fun and fabulous card Wends (love how you did the sky...really must practice that!)
Chris
x
Sarah said…
Oh my, they are so cute and the spotty paper is the perfect backdrop for these pom poms!! xx
Pat said…
Fabulous bright and cheerful card Wends, great image coloured beautifully, a really super make.

Pat xx
This made me smile this morning, what a cute collection of oddballs. A fun bright card
Sue said…
Cute card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x
Alex said…
Cute little unicorn monsters! Fabulous card.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#20 – Spotlight}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#20 – Summer}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#51 – ATG}
Alex' Kreative Seite


~ginny said…
Wends, thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 -what a bright happy card! Love the colors and the paper you chose. Excited about the glitter paper you found - I am going to check that out for sure! I also like your attention to detail with the addition of the Flower Soft and the Wink of Stella - it is all these little things that make a really fun card in my opinion.
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)
create.365 said…
very adorable and lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at LSB.
craftysahmiam said…
Thank you for sharing your adorable card with us at Love To Craft; the paper is perfect for your brightly colored creatures
Julie said…
What a fun and colorful card
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy