Sweet Stampin' ~ Christmas in August

Hi ya lovely crafty pals, I hope your week is going well. I'm getting in the Christmas spirit again and yep, the kids are groaning in the background because I can't help but hum and sing Christmas tunes while I'm crafting! We are having a Christmas challenge this week at Sweet Stampin', our attempt to help spur you into some Christmas creating before it all gets very last minute!


This lil' cutie that I've used for my creation today is called Carlee's Christmas and is a sweet image by Angie Blom for Unity Stamps. I really do love Unity Stamps. I wish they weren't so darned expensive to have posted over to New Zealand. So I have a cherished few sets and this is for sure a fav' for a slightly different Christmas take or Winter birthday perhaps? I've made this for my daughter for Christmas. I even tried out the 'no lines' technique on this one. I've stamped the image in a lighter brown ink, and then coloured with my Promarkers.


I think the image is just so cute, I really didn't want to embellish much on this creation. I used a lovely paper, straight from Cardmaking & Papercrafts magazine, issue 161. The paper designer is Matilda Smith. I diecut the paper to a rectangular shape which gives it a nice stitched edge. Then I diecut the image with a Kaisercraft Stitched Scalloped Oval Frame. It was a very simple finish for this card. I diecut the number '25' to depict Christmas Day in the Advent countdown and two silver glitter paper snowflakes in different sizes which I layered together and then added a diamante flatback to the centre. So simple, but so pretty I think.


I hope you'll come and join us with your own Christmas creations for our 'Christmas In August' challenge. I'm adding to my Christmas Card pile much faster now that I'm designing for our sister blog Christmas at Sweet Stampin' too, so be sure to come and add your Christmas creations there also! It's always Anything Christmas Goes, as long as there is stamping on it. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. See you then and have a great week. Hugs and happy Christmas crafting, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Alphabet Challenge: J is for Jingle Bells
I Love Promarkers: #365 ~ Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenge: #70 ~ Let It Sparkle
The Paper Shelter: Summer ~ Anything Goes
Christmas With The Cuties: #18 ~ Add Some Sparkle
Merry Little Christmas: #1 ~ August ~ Anything Goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #91 ~ A Krafty Christmas
Penny Black & More: I Spy ~ B is for Brown, Blue and Bird (Penguin)

Comments

Oh Wends what a sweet card - love the image and you have coloured it beautifully. The snowflake and 25 are lovely accents that do not distract from the image
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
What a lovely image Wends, your no-lines colouring looks amazing (I'm well-jel as my granddaughter would say!!!), beautiful design and I love the soft palette- gorgeous!
Chris
xx
Sarah said…
This is so beautiful Wendy, a really lovely stamp and your no lines looks amazing, such softness which is perfect for this image xx
Fikreta said…
so pretty card!
hugs
Tracy said…
Fabulous job on the no line. Love the warm colors you've used and that gorgeous snowflake.
brenda said…
Three 'B's on a great card for our 'I Spy' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x
Darlene said…
OMG what a sweet creation! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

Darlene
Merry Little Christmas DT
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Inkyfingers said…
What a pretty card Wendy and your image is so sweet and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join with us again soon.
Lynne said…
Such a lovely card, great no lines colouring and your snowflake is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in at Christmas with the Cuties. Lynne DT x
Pat said…
Beautiful card with such a sweet image and lovely colours Wends.

Pat xx
Macimbalo said…
So pretty! Thanks so much for linking up to ATSM!
Gorgeous card, love the no line colouring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Crafty hugs
Lesley
Nandini said…
Very sweet card. Love the colouring. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Nandini, DT
Jackie C said…

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC
Daniela said…
Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More!
x Daniela (DT)
CraftyNatalie said…
Great creation. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.
Gina's Cards said…
This is absolutely beautiful! Love the colours and gorgeous image. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
Cazro said…
A super card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz DT.
Monica Maier said…
This is an absolutely adorable card and the coloring is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at merry Little Christmas challenge blog!
Cheryl said…
So pretty! Your coloring is gorgeous. My house is the opposite of yours though, my daughters keep trying to get me to sing Christmas songs, lol. Thanks for playing at Sparkles Christmas challenges.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy