Sweet Stampin' ~ Hat Tip to Burn's Night

Hey lovely crafty pals. It's been a crazy couple of days. So I'm running in late with my Sweet Stampin' creation. One of my siblings had their car stolen yesterday, which has been just awful. So I've been tied up helping with that. We had a new challenge starting last night at Sweet Stampin' and it's such a fun one this week. We are celebrating Burn's Night. So that means, we'd love to see all your Scottish influenced creations. Pull out your tartan papers, your thistle images, highland coo, Scottish scenes. Or you might prefer to hat tip Robbie Burn's by adding a poem to your creation. The interpretation is up to you.


I had such fun with this creation. I'd seen this done in a few cards on Pinterest, the folded tartan paper to create the kilt. So I just winged it and guessed a length of paper that might work (it was a little longer than I needed). But I just scored the paper at 5mm intervals until I had a reasonable strip left in the middle and then concertina folded them in on both ends of the paper. I did trim some excess from each end. I used black washi tape to create the belt and hand drew a buckle on the belt with silver pen.


I stapled the folded ends so that they sat slightly out at the side of the central paper panel before adding the washi tape. I then used some silver cord to create the sporran chain. I have a stamp that I bought in the Clan Cameron museum in the Highlands of Scotland, which is my hubby's family crest. Cameron of Erracht for those who like that sort of detail. I thought it would be really fun to use this as my 'stamped' element on this creation. I stamped it on black card with versamark ink and then silver embossed and fussy cut around it to create the sporran. I added a tiny bit of feather behind to finish the look.


I just loved this sentiment when I spotted it online. I just typed it up and printed it on my limping printer. I'm so hoping for some pennies soon to replace it, as the ink is becoming barely visible! It's okay in reality, definitely readable, but didn't show up at all well in the pics. It says "~Kilt~ It's what happened to the last person who called it a skirt". I just think it's so funny and so clever I had to use it! A 'proper play on words', I can actually appreciate! (I have a pet-hate for bad crafty puns! What on earth does 'best fishes' even mean! LOL)


I hope you'll come and join our Burn's Night fun. We've some really fun themes in store this year and hope you'll come and play along. Just remember there must be some stamping somewhere on your creation, even if it's just a sentiment! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting. Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Creative Moments: #161 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: #235 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenge: January ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments: #219 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment
The Paper Girls: #168 ~ Sparkle & Shine (The Sporran has shiny metallic embossing powder)

Comments

This is so inventive, fab card
Chris said…
Brilliant! The kilt and sporran look amazing...love the sentiment, so clever and such fun!
Not good news about the car theft..hope they catch the thief.
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Absolutely fabulous!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Fabulous pun Wendy - made me laugh out loud!! and a terrific card too - well done with the sporran, that looks stunning on your wonderfully crafted kilt...
Blessings
Maxine
Pop's Cards said…
This looks amazing, I love it, perfect kilt card, hugs Pops x
Sarah said…
OMG...Such a great punny sentiment and the pleats in that kilt are Sensational!! So sorry to hear about your siblings car being stolen. A friend had hers stolen many years ago, probably joyriders, it was found undamaged but Carol couldn't bring herself to take it back because she felt her privacy had been invaded xx
Pat said…
What a fabulous card for Burns Night Wends, love the kilt and the sporran. Hope the car is found undamaged.

Pat xx
Melanie said…
A great card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Aud Sentiments.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

Furrbster said…
This is absolutely amazing! Such a great 3D effect, and your sporan is brilliant too - extremely creative,

Thanks for sharing this both at Aud Sentiments (and what a fab sentiment you have used - it certainly made me giggle), and also Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy