Whimsy Stamps ~ Hello Baby

I have the cutest creation to share with you today, using a really sweet image from Crissy Armstrong. She sure knows how to draw enchanting images and this sweet elephant set has got to be right up there amongst her cutest. I have a thing for ellies anyway, so it doesn't take much for me to think they're adorable, but honestly, this set is super cute! I've had it way longer than I care to admit and actually coloured this up a while back, but it wasn't until we had our recent Whimsy Retreat fun and the sweetest baby set which included these sentiments came up, that I pulled out this coloured image and created this card. Which actually as it turns out, is kinda good timing. Can't say why right now, but I'll share soon.


I kept the design quite simple, using my favourite 'go to' shaped card die, with the notched corners. It fits my Big Shot really well and means I don't need to use an oversized die-cutting machine. I love my Go Kreate dies too, but they're 'huge' and do require a bigger machine. This die set, fits my 6x6 cards and designs perfectly. I wanted a little more edge to show on this, so used the next size down in the die set to cut the patterned paper. I've used a nice green plaid paper from an older Whimsy Stamps Paper Pad, no longer in the store. But if I recall correctly, it was part of an earlier 2019 Easter Paper Door Kit.


This cutie was such a joy to colour and because it's quite a 'tiny canvas' I didn't feel so nervous trying out a Sahara Desert Sky background on this. I had grand ideas of putting three images together and I will do this another time, but I was pleased with how this came out and not at all confident I'd pull off two more in similar style, that I decided this would be a centrepiece design. 


I foiled the lovely sentiment from the Coronial's Baby freebie and layered up the design with a doily, another notched corner matt in green, then added the sweet image at a jaunty angle and finally the foiled sentiments. A very quick and simple card to put together, but I just love how this looks, especially that sweet image. 


We have some exciting news within the extended family, so I've created this with them in mind and can't wait to send this cutie on to celebrate this happiness. Life continues to be very full, I'm taking my mama for a follow up appointment tomorrow following her stay in hospital, so another busy day, but my heart is glad she is doing really well, which is wonderful. Today was my crafty catch up day, as I've not had a lot of time of it at all these past couple of weeks, but hope to catch up a little more tomorrow evening, so watch this space, I may get another Whimsy post snuck in for July yet!


We've had a wonderful month at Whimsy with some gorgeous digital designs released and super fun elements in the main store too! I'm hoping to share another card before the month is out, but August is fast approaching, so it'll likely be that I post again for the new release. Thanks for stopping in today, I wish you a wonderful week and hope you're staying safe and well in these continuing difficult times. Hugs to you all xoxo


Comments

Faye Wynn-Jones said…
This is the most gorgeous card. The layout is fab, as is the colourwork. The colours work really well together, love the sunset and the grass is a cute detail. You rock! x
Chris said…
This is fabulous Wends- love the design and the colours, so unusual for a baby card, but totally gorgeous as is the sweet elephant with the wonderful background scene.
So glad your Mum is feeling better, hope all goes well with her check-up.
Take care
hugs
xxx
So cute lovely colouring
Lorraine said…
Awww how cute is that little ellie?! Love your colouring - the sunset looks fab. A gorgeous card
Lorraine x
mixamatoasties said…
Absolutely gorgeous Wends. Love the image you used, but all of the ellies are sooooo cute!

xx
Fikreta said…
So wonderful card!
Pat said…
Oh my Wends this is gorgeous, the image is so sweet and your colouring is awesome. Fabulous make.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy