Southern Girls Challenge ~ Swan Song

Hey crafty friends, I am so so sad to share that we are no longer going to see any Southern Girls Challenges. Lou and Tracy after 10 wonderful years have decided it's time to close the challenge. This is both heartbreaking and a relief for me. I love this team and desperately didn't want to leave, but this year has thrown me more than a few curve balls and I have been struggling to keep all the balls in the air! So although I'm heartbroken the challenge is closing, it really couldn't have come at a better time for me. These gals are like sisters to me and I know we will keep in touch and I hope even meet up with a few of them soon, as a number of us are living in New Zealand. So fingers crossed we can have a lil' SGC reunion! I was trying to recall when I first started blogging with these gals and would you believe it was way back in 2014! So I've hanging out with the SGC crew for six years! Here's a link to my first post for them. I've had quite a few since then! The end of an era for sure.


Gorgeous image and sentiment by Unity Stamps. LOVE this set so much! Distress ink background, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron. I made this card for my highschool bestie. We've been friends for so long, we're more like sisters! I've been down with a migraine today. It's been such a huge week, back and forth to the hospital caring for a family member, so I'm just a little shattered, so I'll keep it brief and come back and add some more details soon. Hugs to you all, Wends xoxo


Comments

Fikreta said…
gorgoeus card!
Deb said…
Always sad when fun things come to an end but I am sure you will be glad of a bit of extra time just now. Your card is so beautiful and such a precious sentiment! Take care of yourself too, that is important! hugs xx
Chris said…
Gorgeous card Wends and a lovely goodbye tribute to a wonderful challenge blog.
hugs
xx
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
Sad as it is, sounds like this news has come at a good time for you. You have ended with the most wonderful card too x
Pat said…
Beautiful image on your gorgeous card Wends I am sure your friend will love it. I do hope you are feeling better after your migraine, I know just how bad they can be. Take care of yourself.

Pat xx
mixamatoasties said…
Beautiful and although sad it must be a relief for you.

Never leave me though xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy