Sweet Stampin' ~ Girly But NO P!*k!!

Hey crafty friends, we have a fun challenge over on the Sweet Stampin' blog starting today and it's been hijacked ahem chosen by our lovely Susan. It's well known in Sweet Stampin' circles that our gorgeous Susan does NOT LIKE P!*k. We can't even utter the word!! So this week, we want to see how you create a gorgeous girlie creation without using that colour that shall not be named!


I'm sharing the birthday card that I made for one of my lovely colleagues birthdays, which worked perfectly for this theme, super girly, but no hint of the dreaded P!*k, just lovely rich shades of burgundy red, so perfick! Hehe.


There's actually a whole lot of sparkly bling on this card, because my gorgeous colleague is quite the head turner and loves her bling! So lots of sparkly touches, from the silver thread in the baker's twine to the sparkles in the champagne. I chose a very pretty muted paper to mount the image over, as I wanted the focus to be the lovely image, which is of course by talented French artist Jade Dragonne. I do love her sweet images and it's always a treat to colour one up. You can see previous creations I've made with her images here, here, here and here. This image was perfect for my lovely colleague and I'm really pleased with how it all came together. A sparkly sentiment to finish, and a lovely diecut edge using a Whimsy Stamps die and this card was done. 


I hope you'll come and join the fun with us for our 'Girly But No P!*k' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. We can't wait to see what you're inspired to create and I know our Susan especially will be watching for some inspiring takes on the colour options! I can't wait to see too! Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo



Comments

Pop's Cards said…
I love the layout here, and she looks so elegant in those colours too, hugs Popsx
Chris said…
All the lovely sparkle suits this glamorous image perfectly WEnds, fabulous colouring, colour choice and a great layout.
xx
Sarah said…
Tres chic!! Amazing colouring here Wends and the sparkle certainly makes it very special. Bet your buddy loved it xx
What a beauty Wends - gorgeous colours and a fabulous feminine card without a jot of P**k . Love it.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Wends, this is quite simply beautiful love that image and the card design an excellent creation
hugs
lorraine x
Fikreta said…
do great card!
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
You're rocked this theme! Fab card Lovely x
Pat said…
Oh such a gorgeous image Wends, coloured beautifully and great design so the image is the main focus, lovely make.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy