Sweet Stampin' ~ Cards for Kids/Teens

Hey crafty pals, I'm a little late with my Sweet Stampin' post as I was really tired yesterday after an early start with the kiddos and still recovering from these horrid Shingles. Happily I am almost back to my old self (old is seriously how I'm feeling these days!) and glad to have a tiny bit more energy each day. So let me go ahead and share my creation for our Cards for Kids and Teens Challenge at Sweet Stampin'. 


Because I'm still catching my breath with this Shingles malarky, I had a hunt through my vault of creations I've never got around to blogging. I found this cutie from a wee while back, that I made for the son of our dear friends when he turned 10. We went to Snow Planet for his party, so it was very appropriate to have a snowy themed card for this birthday. I have no idea why I'd not got around to blogging it, but kinda glad with this week being what it was. This cute image is from the same artist as the Rustic Sugar Range which you can find at Whimsy Stamps, but it was an older image from back in the Whiff of Joy days called Ice Skating Fun. Such a cute image and so great for a kiddies card.


This card was coloured before my Copic days, so I will have used Promarkers to colour up this cutie. One thing I never could make work for me, was shades of black with Promarkers, so the penguin is a little grey, but oh well, kinda nice to look back and see some of the steps in ones journey! It doesn't show well, but this card had glitter sprinkled along the bottom for an icy effect. Much nicer and sparklier in reality.


Head over to the Challenge blog to check out what my awesomely talented teamies got up to with this theme. They totally NAILED it! There are some fantastic ideas for kids cards and teens alike! So do check them out. We hope you'll come play along this week too. Can't wait to see what ideas the entrants come up with, this is often a really fun and well entered theme, so fingers crossed we get lots of inspiring entries. Always a good way to top up the Mojo! I'll be back again soon with a Whimsy creation, I'm more than a little behind this week, but hey-ho, that's what happens when you're poorly. See you again soon. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Wends xoxo


Comments

Dawn T said…
Such a sweet card Wendy.
What a sweetie Wends, and it was so good that you had not blogged it. So glad to hear that you are starting to feel better - those shingles can be a real trial. With being at level 3, at least you will have a chance to catch your breath a bit, which will aid your recovery!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
A cute and sweet card Wends, glad you're beginning to feel a bit better now, look after yourself and don't try to do too much too soon- as Mum's do!
hugs
xxx
Lorraine said…
Aww, this is so sweet, lovely image
Lorraine x
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
I don't think I saw this one pop up on FB but I love it x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy