Whimsy Stamps ~ Winter Wonder

Hey there lovely crafty pals, I'm back with a card and it's not for Halloween! Shock, horror!! Hehe, I do love Halloween, but it's also about this time of year that I start going into panic mode because I've not anywhere near enough cards started for Christmas yet! So it was pure joy to see this cutie pop up in our latest line up at Whimsy Stamps, perfect to add another gorgeous Winter Christmas make to my card pile. I adore Crissy Armstrong's sweet characters especially her 'people', I'm a 'people person' so I love creating with these sorts of images. I've coloured this one up for my sweet little niece who lives in America. So I went for colours I knew she'd love. Forgive the photos today, I've tried several uploads and something hinky is going on with the compression, I just cannot get them 'unblurry'! They don't look like this on my camera, sigh. Have wasted a day taking and retaking photos only to have them consistently misbehave in the uploads. So much compression in the different platforms, here on Blogger, on Instagram and Facebook, so if anyone has helpful tips, feel free to share this with me! The top shot is the crispest I could get today and I've shot in several different 'lights'. So I'm posting as is now. Sigh, we do all this gorgeous work, to have it not photograph well is so frustrating. 



I just adore the colour combination of pink and orange, there's just something super yum about it and I know my sweet niece is going to love this. I've coloured the image with my Copic Markers and did an ombre sky background. How sweet it that wee bird?! I've coloured him up as a Robin, because I miss those sweet creatures from our London days so much! 


A few years back, I coloured up an image with cute black and white fur boots like this and loved it so much, I thought I'd recreate it for this card. I went a little nutty with the white gel pen, I should have a stopped a few flicks before I did, but I still think the effect is super cute. 


I created the lovely background with some Catherine Pooler inks in 'Bellini' and 'It's A Girl' from a mini ink set, that I thought would work so well for this image. I wanted a little extra interest, so used a lovely Background Rubber Stamp and added this fabulous chevron print over the base ink. I used the orange ink again, so it was tone on tone in the orange half and orange over pink in the top half. I used two older dies from Whimsy to create the frames. There's a very similar double stitched die in store now, but I still love this older wonky single stitched one I bought years ago now and I still use it lots. The double stitched die I used on the image panel, is from an older die set too, but was the perfect finish on the image panel.


I added some sparkle to the Merry word diecut which I cut from some pink cardstock waste, that I'd inked when making the background paper. I then covered the word with Versamark Ink all over and covered it with Hero Arts Sparkle Embossing Powder for that little bit of extra sparkle. I also added some sparkle to the snowy mound in the image with loose glitter.


We have an amazing digital release this month, full of fun and fabulous Halloween images, but also some really gorgeous Christmas and Winter images. So there's something for everyone. I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure in the meantime, have a lovely week. Hugs xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: Helen's Challenge ~ All About Occasions: Christmas
Cute Card Thursday: #693 ~ Anything Goes (So sad you're closing the challenge girls! Good luck with new ventures xoxo


Comments

Fikreta said…
beautiful card!
Oh what a gorgeous image and I love those fluffy boots!! A fabulous card Wends!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
I absolutely LOVE this card. Your choice of colours is fab x
Cathy said…
So many gorgeous details on this card, love the colours, the background and the amazing bow! The photo looks perfect to me too, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x
Pat said…
Gorgeous card with such a super cute sweet image beautifully coloured.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy