Tamar's Fairy

P1070054

So here is my first offering after my big colour-fest the other night. I made this card for my best British pal to celebrate the last birthday we'll share together before I return to New Zealand. She's a big Orla Kiely fan so I chose the background paper because it is really reminiscent of some of Orla's designs. I built the rest of the card around this. I coloured the lovely Lili of the Valley Fairy with my 'Promarkers' in colours to harmonize with the pretty First Edition Birdsong papers. Needless to say, pinks and reds were out! So I chose a buttery yellow theme, which actually I think works symbolically really well, as yellow roses are the flowers of friendship. I added some 'Diamond Stickles' to the wings and a few drops of white opal 'Liquid Pearls' to the flowers, for that little bit of bling. The oval and scalloped oval mat were die-cut on my Big Shot using 'X-cut'  nesting dies.

I had some pretty pearlescent paper stock which I used to create the sentiment and also the butterflies. I distressed the edges of the butterflies and the sentiment with Ranger walnut distress ink. I added a trail of pearls to the butterflies after seeing this done by one of my favourite designers - Pops Morfitt. Her designs always inspire me and I thought this was the perfect way to finish this card. My first time trying this and I think it came out well. It's a subtle finish on the butterflies as the pearls don't show up that strongly against the patterned paper, but I  didn't want them to take over, so I think it works fine. The lovely natural cotton lace is from 'Wild Orchid Crafts' and I just love it. I have wanted to use it ever since I bought it, but this is my first make to feature it and I hope to use it again soon. I also made the envelope from this pretty pearlescent paper. It has a lovely sheen to it, so brings a little something extra. I finished the edge with a Martha Stewart punch - 'Floral Lace'. Here are some close-up piccies of the envelope and the lace and butterflies. I hope you've enjoyed visiting my blog today. Thanks for stopping by x

P1070069  P1070071  P1070068  

Comments

Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I so love this paper and the lace is really lush one of my fave stamps too, love your butterflies a perfect creation I am so impressed, huggles love Pops x x x
Elaine said…
Hi Nenny,
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments today, it's much appreciated and so nice to meet someone I've not met before.
All your cards are beautiful...yes, I had a good nosey through your blog tonight :)

Hugs Elaine xx
Crafteezee said…
Ah this is gorgeous and I am sure will be appreciated by your friend. You have been busy with all those coloured images that need making into cards.
I emailed you again about the quantity of envelope boxes that you required. Not sure if it has gone into your spam folder again?
Hugs Tracy x
Debs said…
Hi Nenny gorgeous card love the LOTV image and the liquid pearls are fabulous!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.
Have a wonderful evening.
Take care
Debs xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy