Angela's Kitty

Hi folks, I'm back again, with a quick make for a sweet London neighbour as a quick hello and update on our travels home for her. She is a cat lover and has a sweet moggie, which I tried to colour the image like. I wanted to drop her a message and went on a 'digi' hunt to find an appropriate stamp and found this lovely one from Alicia's Little Shop. She has some really lovely images and the 'Alicia' ones are my favourites.


I love red gingham. My friends will tell ya, I'm a little potty about it actually! I always have a red gingham tablecloth on the table. I have loads! I mean I know it's a little mad, really, how many red gingham table cloths does one girl need? Yeah, I know, one right? Nope, loads, love them all and use them all! I am an 1/8 Swedish you know?!! LOL. So you can imagine my joy when I get to use a little red gingham in my crafty creations!! This is a digi paper, which I can't recall where I printed it from, but I know I have a lovely set  from Bev Rochester, that she created and you can find the link for her gingham papers on her blog. I printed the page out a while ago, and don't recall exactly which set I used. Going from memory (which to be fair, isn't so great these days! LOL). The red and white stripey paper is actually the 'wrap' from the lovely Kikki K diary my sister gave me for my birthday. (I'm huge into recycling in my crafting!!) The spotty paper is left over scrap from the 'Gorjuss Girl' card I made recently. The red mat was card packaging I kept from one of the kids Christmas toys and the blue mat is a DoCrafts Papermania Textured Cardstock. Pretty thrifty make me thinks!

A close-up shot of the lovely image

I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the heart border in the gingham. The sentiment I don't recall exactly where I bought, but think it's likely one from the Ally Pally craft fair. I did incredibly well on sentiments from their massive bargain bins there! Lovely, grey rubber sentiment stamps with so many great phrases. I wish I recalled the store, so I could give them the kudos! If I recall later, I'll update. The fabulous 'Swedish Heart' is a die from Marianne D Craftables and is called Eline's Scandinavian Heart.

The lovely Swedish Heart I've wanted to use so long!
DSC_5155

The image is coloured using my Promarker pens and I coloured half the Swedish heart above also with one of my red Promarkers. I really do love these pens! I still have a way to go, to feel like I really know what I'm doing colouring hair and highlights on clothes etc, but I'm happy with my progress to date. They're such a joy to work with! Georgie my daughther is so cute too, she often siddles up to me in a coy way and asks ever so sweetly to use 'Mama's special pens' when she has a special project she wants to do! Love that my creativity inspires such amazing creativity in her!! In case you missed it, you should see what she did for Mo's kids challenge here and here. You should check out the amazing prizes my kids won for this challenge too here.

Thanks for popping in today for a visit. I love our lil' chats!! ;) See you again real soon. Hugs, Wends xxx

Challenges:
Alicia's Challenge: #6 Favourite Papers = Gingham!
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge: #58 Red White & Blue

Comments

Loopylou. said…
oh thats too cute wendy and that little lattice heart is just gorgeous!
huge hugs Lou xxx
Wishcraft said…
Very pretty card hun, love the fresh colours and sweet image... I'm quite keen on gingham (red or any colour really!) too :o) Hugs, Lisa x
OMGosh so adorable!!! I love this image and the way you used the colors. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!
Such a sweet one. Love the image and pretty embellishment. Thank You for joining us this week at Loves Rubber Stamps. I hope you'll join us again real soon.
Good Luck, Dangina
Jane Savage said…
Beautiful card and such a fun image. I love the colours. Fab!
Ceal said…
super cute card and I love that woven heart! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! hope to see you again soon!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy