Feel Better Friend

I have a 'Get Well' card to share with you today. One of my cousins is laid up resting a very sore ankle, long story, won't go into the gorey details, but she needs surgery and has to wait out a course of antibiotics first, so she's laid up, resting, reluctantly. This card is to encourage her to make the most of the 'enforced rest' and enjoy some 'down time'. You never do when you have to though do you? LOL! I slipped some scrummy Lindt choccie in the envelope too, for a sweet treat. My fav!!

So here's my lil' creation, starting with a close up of Krista's fabulous image - Morning. She's missing from Krista's catalogue at the moment, but I notice she occasionally brings back 'old stamps', so always worth looking through. I just love the way she's drawn! All bed hair and slouchy socks!


I went for gorgeous Summery coloured papers. First Edition, some of my favourite papers as they're really thick good quality papers, with lovely embossed, glittered finishes. I used turquoise card stock to mat the image and sentiment and for die cut details, to give a really Summery cheery feel to the card.

Now a coloured close-up
DSC_5093

And now the blooms
DSC_5089

Card Recipe:
Paper: First Edition - Spring Drop
Image: Saturated Canary - Morning
Lace: White Guipure - Wild Orchid Crafts
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Flexmarkers
Shaped Dies: Spellbinders, Whimsy, Cheery Lynn

Thanks for looking today. I hope you're having a fab day and would love to know what you think of my wee make. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to visit you in return. Big hugs, Wends x

Challenges:
I Love Promarkers: #173 ~ Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge: #4 ~ Favourite Papers & Why = First Edition Papers. I love the mix of embossed  finish, glittered and double sided papers in these pads. They are a lovely heavy weight and such fabulous quality. Until I found Maja Design papers, they were my all time favourite, now they'll have to share the spotlight with Maja Design, but I still love First Edition and use them lots.
Cute Card Thursday Challenge: #274 ~ In The Summertime = Summery papers and colours for my 'Get Well' card.
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge: #57 ~ Summer Theme = Summery First Edition papers and colours.
Pollycraft Challenge: #1 ~ Anything Goes (Welcome back Pollycraft!)

Comments

Sarah said…
Fab colour combo Wendy and I knew right away that the papers were First Edition...I love them too!! Thanks for joining us at As You Like It.
Sharon said…
This is gorgeous Wendy. Love the image and you have coloured it beautifully. Fab design and embellishments.
Hugs Sharon x
Ivonne said…
Your card is gorgeous. Love the image, the DPs and all the fabulous details. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!
Loopylou. said…
oooh this is too cute hunny, your cousin will love it and I really hope she feels less sore soon
huge hugs Lou xxx
As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
This is a gorgeous image and brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x
WeirdCat said…
Very pretty, I like the way you have matched the hearts, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x
Laura Love said…
OHHHH I need this stamp - LOL! What a cute card and I love the way you colored your image! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you will play along again soon! Good luck :)
Athina said…
I love the teal and orange together and the way you have used the hat pin. Very cute! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!
nnalorac said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love your paper choice, colours and lovely image. Thanks for playing along with us over at As you like it challenge. Carolxx
so adorable and I love your coloring and great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!
lis-m said…
Beautiful card... hope your cousins feels better soon!
thanks for joining us at our first return challenge @ Pollycraft -Good luck!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy