Little Poppet

My little niece is 6 months old now. Wow time flies! I made this card up to celebrate this special date. Half a year old is a big deal! It's an especially big deal when it's your first baby, one that should be marked, so I wanted to send a little love her way.

I'm a big fan of Australian artist Linda Catchlove who is responsible for the adorable creatures you find in the Emerald Faerie Garden. This little cutie is called Ashee. I have had this stamp for quite some time now, wishing to find the right moment and person to use it for. This is the right moment and the right person. So I loved every minute of colouring this lil' poppet, glittery wings and all. The image is of course coloured with my trusty Promarkers, I really do love these pens. I used a few flexmarkers too. Love the way they both blend so well and the brush tip on the new flexmarkers is such a breeze to use.

The lovely purple swirl paper is a DP from Crafter's Companion October 2011 release, the rest are scraps from stash. I distressed all the edges with scissors and the image with Desert Sand Memento Ink. I had a lovely piece of violet organza knocking around in my stash, so I frayed the edges and added that behind the image. The sweet purple flower, actually fell off one of Georgie's hairclips and I couldn't fix it, so I threw it in the stash drawer for just such an occasion. Love how it fits so well with this card. I layered some handrolled blooms onto an organza bloom which I cut from the lovely ribbon used on this card and then popped a pearl in the centre of each rolled flower. I'm not great at making these yet, the top one didn't 'spread' as well as the bottom, but I'll just have to keep trying. I do like how they look on cards. But if you don't want to roll your own, Kort och Godt do a beautiful range. I also tucked a sweet glass flower in next to the rolled roses. This was from a set my sister Becky gave me at Christmas time. It doesn't show up well in the pics, but just finishes the blooms off really sweetly. I glittered Ashee's wings with Glitter Magic and added glossy accents to the spots on the mushroom. This doesn't show up well in the first pic, but adds lovely dimension and shine as you'll see further down in the pics.

DSC_5036

Here's a shot of the simple inside I did. The mushroom stamp fitted the theme perfectly.DSC_5044

Here's a closeup of darling little Ashee
DSC_5038

A better shot of the blooms and the glossy accents on the mushroom
DSC_5037

Finally a full shot of this lovely Emerald Garden Faerie
DSC_5039

Before I go, just a mention that one of my favourite papercraft stores is turning '1' this month. I have loved shopping at this store ever since it opened. I live in hope, that buying gorgeous stash from there and looking at the amazing shabby chic work produced by their hugely talented DT will somehow rub off on me!!! LOL. Well, I can live in hope can't I? Fair to say, I'm not there yet!! But I do want to enter this wee make into their current challenge, which you'll see below. So chuffed for Sandy and her crew, that they are doing so well. It's a gorgeous store with utterly delicious paper crafting goodies, so go check it out!! Live and Love Crafts.

Challenges:
Live and Love Crafts Challenge: #12 ~ Birthstones = Amethyst/February, my Georgie's birth month.
Inky Chicks: #6 Love = "Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone.
Through The Craftroom Door: June 18-24 ~ Anything Goes.

Comments

Tracy said…
Precious! Love the ribbon trim and I ADORE rolled roses. :-) Wonderfully done card! Hugs!
Pop's Cards said…
Good morning sweetie, this is just Stunning :0) is it for me Poppet? lol...

Huggles Pops x x x
Sue said…
Stunning card Wendy. I love that cute image, your colouring is fabulous and all the detailing you have added is so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx
Elin said…
Awww how cute is this motive!! Thank you for joining us at LLC this month :)
Wishcraft said…
Super sweet image and your card is so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy