Lovely Laura

I made this card for a lovely Au Pair we had in the UK, to say thanks for all she did for us and to let her know we miss her. She's having a tough time right now and I so wish I'd been there to give her a hug of encouragement. But at least I can send her some of my love through a handmade card. I know she loves my cards, so I'm pretty sure this will be well received.

The pretty image is none other than Sylvia Zet's enchanting handiwork and is called 'Spring Bringer'. I coloured the hair to match our Au Pair's and opted for bright cheery blue in the hopes it gives her spirit a lift.

I inked the background with some Memento Rich Cocoa and a floral stamp I had in stash. I was just playing around with this technique, but I'm happy with how it came out. The gorgeous blooms are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the heart hat pins I bought on a wheel with different colours and can't recall exactly where from sorry, but I do use them quite a lot and wish I did remember as I'd like more! The ribbon is from stash and the sentiment is from a pad of sentiments by DCWV. I've used several from this pad now and I wasn't sure I'd get much use from them, so I'm delighted, as they've proven very handy. This sentiment was especially perfect for my lovely pal. Murphy's law, I've just moved my craft desk today and can't find the pad to give the details, but I'll update when I put my hands back on it.

DSC_5051

A Closeup of the lovely Wild Orchid Craft blooms
DSC_5055

A Closeup of Sylvia's lovely fairy
DSC_5054

The colours bled a tiny bit on this which I think was down to the card-stock I used and probably my rookie  colouring skills too! But otherwise I was happy with the finish. As always, the image was coloured using my Promarker pens. I added some liquid pearls to the flowers and glittered the wings, which look much sparklier in reality, but the light didn't capture it well here.

Thanks for popping in today. I hope you like what you've seen, if you do leave me a note and I'll visit you in return. Hugs, Wends xxx

Challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenge: Week 79 ~ Brads and/or Pins
Passion For Promarkers: Week 202 ~ Inspired by a Fairytale = Thumbelina - Vale of the Fairies. (I won this challenge! Woop woop.)
Eclectic Ellapu: Celebrate Summer

Comments

Pop's Cards said…
Good morning sweetie...

This is just gorgeous...

As always gorgeous colours and fabulous details...

Have a great day...

Huggles Pops x x x
Loopylou. said…
oh its just gorgeous wendy, I know this wll lift her spirits hugely.
huge hugs Lou xxx
Andie's Space said…
Hi Wendy,
What a pretty card. Such a cute image & I love the sparkle & the fabulous flowers. I'm sure your au pair will love it. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx
Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

Regards Malin ♥

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy