SpiegelMom Scraps & Southern Girls Collaboration

I'm here to share a fun collaboration between the SpiegelMom Scraps and Southern Girls Challenge Design Teams. We have banded together to bring you a fun and fabulous celebration of (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day. All day we have been posting fabulous creations on the SpiegelMom Scraps Facebook Page and invite you too to come and join in the celebrations with us. We have some wonderful prizes up for grabs and until the end of May, Jody from SpiegelMom Scraps is offering a special celebration discount to her wonderful Etsy Store, so go fill your basket! Just be sure to use this code 'NSD15'

 

For now though, I'd like to share the two cards I've made for the Sketch Challenges on the SpiegelMom Scraps Facebook Page. There were two sketches to follow, so I'll post the sketch pic first and then the cards. I've switched things around a bit with the sketches, but all the elements are there.



I used a gorgeous Maja Design paper for this card. Going with the nautical theme of the paper, I used an Imaginisce Compass Stamp on the tag in Memento Ink Rich Cocoa and added a nautical sentiment in Memento Black Tuxedo Ink. The Luggage Tag and Wood Veneer Arrows are from SpiegelMom Scraps Etsy Store. Love all the gorgeous Wood Veneer Embellishments she has there. I used some Wild Orchid Crafts Seam Binding and some Embroidery Cotton to finish the tag. I've distressed the paper edges and layered the paper onto Kraft card.



I chose to make this a square card rather than rectangle, but still kept all the elements of the sketch. I've used tiny little gold hearts and a fabulous Wood Veneer Sentiment in the top left corner. Both are from SpiegelMom Scraps Etsy Store. The gorgeous gold organza ribbon is from stash and the doilies and lovely Wood Veneer Polaroid Frame are SpiegelMom Scraps again. I just love this image of my hubby and bubby hanging out on a very special day together. Looking so relaxed and handsome in their wedding gears. I've used a page from the Kaisercraft Homemade Collection called 'Warm Welcome. This sweet pic of my hubby and son will be going to my hubby's mama for Mother's Day.

All the creative fun is happening RIGHT NOW on the SpiegelMom Scraps Facebook page. So if you'd like to join in the Scrapathon and make a creation to enter the challenges. Head over there and follow the instructions for each challenge. Scroll down through the list, as there are several. There's something for card makers and scrapbookers alike. There are fab sketches to follow, so let your mojo flow! Wanna see some amazing prizes? Of course you do!


But wait... there's more...


These are just two of loads of prizes up for grabs, so get thee over there!! Have fun with challenges. Next up, our Blog Hop in celebration of National Scrapbooking Day will be kicking off bright and early Sunday Morning CST. So join us for that too. There's a delish prize on offer! So I'll see you all again really soon for the Blog Hop!


Big hugs until then, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Scribble & Scrap: #43 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #104 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #122 ~ Anything Goes (photo card entered)

Comments

MagsB said…
These are both terrific, Wendy! The photo on the second is just so lovely, it made me smile! I love your nautical card, too, what a great idea to stamp the compass on the tag!

Have a good weekend!

love Maggie x
Chana Malkah said…
Wonderful creation, Wendy! Nice take on the sketch and wonderful paper choices! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
Alyx said…
Great cards. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy