San Diego Christmas Tree

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I hope your Christmas preparation is going well. The days are racing past for me! I have been having such fun crafting with some of the sweetest Whimsy images! I just can't get enough of their lovely Christmas images this year, so I've quite a few to share, but I'm not sure I'll have time to share them all before Christmas! This particular creation is winging its way to San Diego, which is where my baby sister will be celebrating her Christmas. It's crazy hot there most of the year round, so I thought it was kinda fun to send her this fabulous Christmas Cactus image by Krista Heij-Barber. The minute I saw this, I knew I wanted to colour it up for her. I think her two lil' kiddies will think its quite fun.


I have coloured this fun image with my copics and I decided to be bold with the present colours as I wanted the image to be fun and playful for the kids. So I chose bright colours for the lights and coloured the parcels to tone in with them. I kept the design very simple so it would post easily to San Diego. I wanted to add Glossy Accents to the lights, but ran out of time for this.


I just love that cute and cheeky face on the cactus. I think my wee niece and nephew will love this! I've used a silver glitter paper down the side for a bit of sparkle and interest. The sparkle on the silver glitter paper showed better in the bright light pic I took above. The paper is a lovely 'cactus green' plaid I had in my stash, which I think works so well for this card. A sweet simple sentiment which is also from my stash and I was done. 


Have you been playing along with all the fun that's been going on over on the Whimsy Facebook page? There are two cute images which are being given away to celebrate Whimsy's 10th Birthday celebrations to every Whimsy follower. So head there and grab yours! You can join in our current Facebook challenge using these images too for a chance at some Whimsy pennies! Wishing you calm and happy days in the lead up to Christmas. I'm reminding myself this year that it's not about the 'presents' but our 'presence'. So enjoy every moment folks. Hugs xoxo




Challenge Entries:


Comments

Dawn T said…
simply adorable Wendy. Yes that is one cheeky face on your cactus. Merry Christmas my friend.
Oh Wends what a fabulous card - love that cactus and the look on his face, and your colouring is amazing.
Christmas blessings to you and yours
Maxine
Fikreta said…
super great card!
love it!
Happy holidays ! 🎄

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy