Sweet Stampin' ~ Anything Christmas Goes!

Hey there lovely crafty pals, I'm sneaking in today and totally crashing the Team Susan party, because it's our last challenge before Christmas and I am STILL making Christmas cards! So I thought I'd add one of my 'last minute' Christmas cards too. We're heading fast to that special day, so Susan thought that a 'Last Minute Christmas Card' challenge would be just the ticket right now and I think she's right! 


I pulled out my Stamping Bella Tomten the other day and stamped them in grey ink to see if I could pull off a 'no lines' colouring. I'm not convinced about this technique, some make it look so effortless, but I think mine just look washed out! LOL. But there you have it, I gave it a go! I've coloured these cute Tomten with my Copic Markers, found some fun paper that toned quite well, added some ribbon and a sentiment from a lovely Penny Black sentiment set called Joyful Wishes. My awesome sister who's a professional photographer helped me stage this card. Isn't she amazing! I love how it came together.


These Tomten were so fun to colour up and I was so glad to find ink that toned so well to stamp the sentiment. I'll have to come back to you with the ink name as it was an older Stamping Up ink and I'll have to hunt it out again to find the colour name. (Found it! It's called Petrol! A lovely dark tealy blue.) That lovely notched corners stitched frame die is a newer Whimsy Stamps one. I LOVE it! I'm going to use it loads, I just know it, it's such a great range of sizes and really lovely finish to a more rectangular shaped image. I so often want to use a circle or oval frame, but there's not quite enough room either side of the image and very often I choose rectangle stitched dies for this reason, so I'm so happy with this new die set as it adds just the right amount of interest and style without having to be too wide an image panel!


I hope you'll come and join in the fun with Team Susan over at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Last Minute Christmas Cards' challenge. I've still have few more to make, so I'm keen to see some more inspiration! How are you all getting on with your Christmas crafting, are you organised and all done?


I'll be back again very soon with another crafty adventure, very likely a Christmas one! Hehe, because as I said, I'm still going!! Hope your lead up to Christmas is going well. I'll be making little cards tomorrow with Zac for his school friends and a bigger one for his teacher. As here in New Zealand, it's not only Christmas, but it's the end of the school year too! So there are thank you's and goodbyes to say. Busy days! Have a happy weekend, Hugs, Wends xoxo






Challenge Entries:
Dies R Us: #111 ~ Anything Christmas
Crafty Cardmakers: #224 ~ Christmas
Colour Crazy Challenge: #50 ~ Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craftroom: #383 ~ KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetie)
Penny Black & More: December ~ Traditional Christmas Colours

Comments

Chris said…
Love this fun image Wends, your no-lines colouring looks lovely, not washed out...just softer! Fabulous design too...and a great photo!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Chris
x
Tracey T said…
Lovin' these gnomes, Wends. I'm still making Christmas cards, too. Made a tag for Mum and Dad's main present and meant to do a matching card... gonna have to get my skates on! Big hugs xx
Dawn T said…
Your Tomten are adorable Wendy. Merry Christmas to you and the family.
Fikreta said…
so adorable card!
Sarah said…
What a fun card Wends, they are such sweet characters and beautifully coloured too xx
Donna Ellis said…
Such sweetness, Wends! I love your no-line coloring and cute image! hugs, de
What a gorgeous card Wends - love your colouring, and I am sorely tempted by those dies, as I too often use rectangles as they 'fit' the image or sentiment so well
Blessings
Maxine
pinky said…
Oh my word that is so gorgeous. Love your colouring skills.
Darlene said…
OMG these are awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Christmas’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

crafty said…
A fun image. Thankyou for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary
Mervi said…
Love those elves.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more with your lovely card.
Happy New Year;-))m
Ellibelle said…
Such cute Christmas creatures and a beautifully done card! Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More this month!
laurie said…
I LOVE gnomes! This is SO cute! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy