Southern Girls ~ Stripes

Hey lovely crafty pals. I'm back again (so soon I hear you say?!) with my DT creation for Southern Girls and this fortnight, we'd love to see your creations with 'Stripes' on them. I made up a card and was feeling really good about being on top of things for once, only to find the boss threw us a curve-ball just to make sure we were listening and I made it with the wrong sponsor! Doh!! So back to the craft room in rather a lather but the right image in tow and came up with this. (You know I do my best work under pressure! LOL)


Our sponsor for this challenge is A Day For Daisies and of course I wanted to use one of their gorgeous images once I realised my mistake as I adore ADFD images and I'm a little heart broken right now, because Tammy is taking a new direction in life and is closing down her stamp store! Sniff sniff, another beautiful source of art lost to the crafting world. So if you love her images as much as I do, be sure to pop on over and grab your fill before they're gone for good!


I coloured up this sweet image called Little Witch on Fence with my Copic Markers and had great fun adding detail to the fence posts. I love how that turned out. This was such a fun image to colour and I LOVE the orange in this. How cute are her tights?!! I must confess I took more than a little inspiration from a very gorgeous card I'd seen coloured up this way by the talented Kathy Stacy. I just LOVED the orange with the muted tones and black. So as a very big hat tip to Kathy, I cased her gorgeous card and you can see the original HERE on her blog.


I used a lovely sentiment stamp from a Whimsy Stamps Clear Stamp Set called Distant Friends. I just thought it would be sweet to use this card, not as a Halloween card, but as a 'Missing You' card. I love the way she's wistfully watching over the fence, so this lil' heart sentiment stamp was just what I wanted to finish this creation. 


Head on over to the challenge blog to check out what my other super talented teamies got up to for this theme. You're sure to leave inspired and we hope you'll come and join in our 'Stripes' challenge with us too. See you again soon with another crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends xoxo




Challenge Entries:
Papercraft Challenges: #40 ~ Stars
The Paper Shelter: #389 ~ Going Digital
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Stars and Stripes
Little Red Wagon: #503 ~ Much Ado About Nothing
Crafty Gals Corner: #194 ~ Polka Dots and/or Stripes
Addicted To Stamps & More: #347 ~ Make Your Mark
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: #63 ~ Anything Goes

Update: This card was featured in the 'One's To Watch' category of the Making Cards & Papercraft Magazine ~ September Edition. A huge thank you to Sally and the crew for that honour.


Comments

Chris said…
OMG Wends I really LOVE this! Such a lovely image, showcased so perfectly with your lovely design and fabulous colouring. I'm off to ADFD to grab this before it's too late.
xxx
That image certainly is a sweetie Wends, and you have coloured her beautifully! The fence colouring is stunning. A wonderful card
Blessings
Maxine
earl lea riser said…
LOL - yes - your fenceposts look really good - but the WHOLE CARD is AMAZING!! I love the colours and the accent pieces too!! YOU.DO.GREAT.WORK!!
Dawn T said…
gorgeous Wendy. I really love the stripey socks.
Pop's Cards said…
I love this so so sweet, perfect colours too hugs Pops x
Nannieflash said…
A gorgeous card love your image and your layout. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with challenge. hugs Shirleyxx
Sarah said…
Oh...my...days!! this is incredible. Love everything about this beauty!! Amazing colouring xx
Pat said…
Absolutely fabulous card Wends, I just love this image and your colouring is stunning especially the detail on the fence.

Pat xx
JanR said…
Fantastic card! That image is so sweet. I, too, am sad that ADFD is shutting down. :( Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon again.
Wendy L said…
Lovely card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx
Billie A said…
I am not ready for fall.. But I sure love your card. The colors, scene and awesome take on the polka dot / stripes.. I love your card. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner.
Billie A
Crafty Gals Corner
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Crafty Catz
Kim Heggins said…
Oh my....this is simply fabulous! I love Halloween and your card is just perfect!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!
Renate said…
I love it, I love ite, I love it. Dit I tell you that I really love this.
Thank you for joining our "stars" challenge.
I hope to see you back at our next challenge.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT Papercraft Challenges)
Lisa said…
I love the tiny little stars as flowers, super cute card! thank you for playing along on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy