Whimsy Wednesday ~ Hey Dude

Hey lovely crafty pals. I'm back with my Whimsy Wednesday post, yep, it's not Wednesday anymore but I had poorly babes home from school yesterday, so they needed my attention. I've been SO looking forward to sharing this creation with you that I have today, because I tried something new and I'm really pleased with it. This adorable image is called 'Dude' and is from the adorable Whimsy Stamps Pollycraft Collection.


I so wanted to create a sunset sky for my wee surfer to show he'd had a big day on the waves. So once I'd laid down a reasonable sunset look, I added some sea and sand and considering it was all on the fly, I am thrilled to bits! If you squint a little, it really does look like a sunset beach scene, hehe. Okay, so don't scrutinise the waves too much, I had no idea what I was doing there, winging it you know?! I'm trying to be braver and try new things with my colouring and this experiment I'm very happy with. 


I diecut the image out, but so loved the way it looked with the offcut still around it, I decided to incorporate this into the design, so I kept the offcut as a frame and then popped the main panel up on foam for a bit of dimension and interest. The papers are from a BoBunny collection called Keylime. I used papers from the first and second set to create this card. I fussy cut around the waves and surfboards of one of the papers and layered that over the lovely surf words paper. I kept the design quite simple as there was so much going on in the image itself.


Thanks for stopping in today, I hope you enjoyed seeing my Summer creation with this lovely Whimsy Digital image. The thumbnails below will take you to the individual items I've used in this creation and the banner above will take you though to the full July Digital Release. Do check out the line up, there are some super cute images this month. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you a wonderful week. Hugs xoxo





Challenge Entries:
Little Red Wagon: Summer Fun
Cute Card Thursday: #587 ~ Summer
Addicted To Stamps: #346 ~ Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: #388 ~ Stripes and/or Dots
Crafty Calendar Challenge: June ~ Masculine
Colour Crazy Challenge: #23 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Travel/Vacation
As You Like It: Favourite Summer or Winter Colours. I love warm bright colours for Summer, Oranges, Reds, Pinks and I love these combined with zesty colours like lime green, yellow and a bit of turquoise too, so the papers I've used for this creation had a good dose of these fab summery colours and I coloured my image to match :D

Update: I just spotted that I made the Top 3 at As You Like It. So happy as I love that challenge blog. Thank you so much ladies.


Second Update: Just spotted I made the Colour Crazy Challenge Top 3. So happy, thank you so much! 


Comments

Chris said…
Super cute image and beautiful colouring, I'm sooo impressed with your sunset beach scene Wends! To think you did all by hand! Lovely design and colours too, the surfboard corner finishes it all off perfectly!
xx
Fikreta said…
very beautiful card!
hugs
Sarah said…
Your colouring is FABULOUS!! The sunset sky plus your waves and beach are wonderful and what perfect papers too. It's lovely to see a bit of summer, we had to put the central heating on last thursday as it was so cold here!! Hope your little peeps are soon better xx
Pop's Cards said…
That paper is perfect for this little guy, I wish we had some sun here sick of the rain and dark days now, I love your layout too hugs Pops x
Dawn T said…
Beautiful Wendy. It's a superb card. I love they surf boards in the corner.
What a gorgeous card Wends - your colouring is fabulous!! Love the overall composition of this mini-masterpiece
Blessings
Maxine
Donna Ellis said…
Wendy, your coloring skills are always heartwarming and beautiful! Always a pleasure visiting your blog and seeing what sweet creation you have for us. Beautiful! hugs, de
crafty-stamper said…
Love the cute image and great colouring -I think you did great on the background and the waves.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
Carol DT x
Anet's Crafting said…
Just beautiful Wendy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT
Fantastic card! Love the coloring, and that image is lovely. Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge!
So sweet, I love the Pollycraft images and you have done a great job showcasing this one. Thanks so much for playing along with Dots/Stripes theme at The Paper Shelter challenge. Hugs:) Audrey DT
Jolanda's Blog said…
THis little surfer is so terrible cute!!!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Colour Crazy Good luck and I hope you’ll join us next time again.
Jolanda
(DT member)
Brenda said…
Your little s end is amazing! I love the way you have done the image border - brilliant. Thanks so much for following us at s You Like It Challenge!
Squirrel x said…
Thanks so much for sharing your favourite seasonal colours with us at AYLI - great choice, and it's a fabulous make! Hope you will join us again soon. Hugs Squirrel xx
TracyM #6773 said…
FUN and FABULOUS card Wendy :)
PS - CONGRATULATIONS on your Top 3 at the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge ... https://colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.com/2019/07/week-26-anything-goes-colouring.html

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy