The Paper Door ~ Mermaid Tales

Hey there my lovely crafty pals. I'm here today with my first post with the brand spanking new PAPER DOOR kit and it's 'mer-mazing'! Oh who am I kidding, I can't pull off that pun, but never-the-less, it's an AWESOME kit! Chock full of delicious mermaid dreams. I've loved all the kits I've designed with this past six months, but this one, has to be MY FAVOURITE! Yup, they say if your legs rub together you're pretty close to becoming a mermaid and I think I have that nailed, hehe! So this kit was made for ME!


I have created a sweet pop-up card based on the recipe I used for this cute card in the past. I altered the card base design to work with the shape of the black paper included in the kit, which was slightly shorter than the base of the other card I created. So I added a circle on the front and hey presto, this fun card was born. I love the whale paper in this kit, I think it is super cute and made such a fun base for this mermaid tail creation.

I've coloured the tail with my Copic Markers and added shading with four different shades from the Blue Green family. BG09, BG07, BG05 and BG01 to bring it all together. I love how perfectly the Copics matched the paper! I also had a lovely Blue Green ink in my stash that was just the perfect shade to stamp the sentiment too. How lovely is that font?! I adore it!! This sentiment could be used on so many creations too, not just for mermaids!


This kit is AMAZING! Whimsy Stamps has REDESIGNED PAPER DOOR kits for 2019! Now your monthly crafty goodness delivered right to your front door is even more affordable, and includes even more exclusive Whimsy Stamps products!
  • BRAND NEW kit debuting on the 10th of each month
  • Each kit is a $50+ retail value for only $29.95 plus shipping
  • EXCLUSIVE 6x6 Whimsy Stamps designer paper pack collections, fun and creative designs on heavy weight paper with a beautiful sheen - 24 double sided sheets
  • TEN sheets of 8.5x5.5 heavy weight neutral card stock - in black and white
  • SPECIAL EDITION 4x6 clear stamp set "Mermaid Escape" created exclusively for PAPER DOOR
  • COMPLEMENTING "Mermaid Escape" outline die set to easily cut out the images from the 4 x 6 stamp set, designed exclusively for PAPER DOOR
  • SPECIAL EDITION "Bubbles" mini background rubber stamp and "Dreamy Mermaid" 4x3 clear stamp set introduced especially for PAPER DOOR
  • PRIVATE access to PDF files with step-by-step instructions for at least 4 different projects

We’ve made PAPER DOOR an easy and affordable way for you to enjoy a monthly card making kit:
NO minimums
NO subscriptions to commit to
NO wait lists to sweat out
NO multi-tier pricing
Each kit is a LIMITED EDITION and individual items may or may not be released at a later date. Supplies are limited so order yours today, and unlock your creativity with Whimsy Stamps PAPER DOOR kits!


Thanks for popping in to see me today. It's always a treat, especially if you let me know you've been! Hope you grabbed a cuppa, cos' ya'll know I like to talk right?!! I'll be back really soon with another crafty adventure, until then, have a beautiful day and go check out this kit, it's seriously amazing!! Hugs xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Colour Crazy Challenge: Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: #523 ~ Fantasy World
Tuesday Throwdown: #433 ~ Shaped Card
Crafty Creations Challenges: #392 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #222 ~ Anything Goes + More Than One Fold
Cupcake Inspirations: #472 ~ Add A Pop Up Element (The whole card pops up from flat)
As You Like It: Favourite Stamp Brand & Why ~ well, there are loads of stamp brands I love, but my favourite and the one I design with the most is definitely Whimsy Stamps. Yes I design for them, lucky me! But I'd create with their images regardless and did before I started designing with them. I LOVE the range they have there, there's such a spread, from the sweet and cute to the edgy and funny. It's a seriously fabulous brand. My design today, is from their Paper Door range.

Update: I just spotted that I made the 'Sweet Select' over on the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. Thank you so so much. I'm delighted!


Comments

Dawn T said…
totally gorgeous. I've made a sweet card with a Whimsy mermaid, but can't share just yet. Love the ones in this kit
Chris said…
Love this Wends! Fabulous pop up design, definitely be trying this! Gorgeous papers and stamps, its soooo sweet!
xx
Ellibelle said…
A really cute card with a great design and loving the colors! Thank you so much for joining our Fantasy World theme at Allsorts challenge this week!
ILEANA ARTUFFO said…
Wow, this is a wonderful creation! I love design and image! Beautiful paper!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileana xx
Mummylade said…
Really sweet! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.
Jackie C said…
How fabulous!! Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx
Fikreta said…
amazing card!
Sarah said…
Always a delight to see you have joined us at AYLI Wends and this card is a stunner!! I just knew that Whimsy would be your choice!! xx
Lynne said…
A fabulous card and gorgeous colour too. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT
Lady Joyful said…
Gorgeous pop-up design, Wendy! Love that you kept it in shades of blue. Just as a gentle reminder, our challenge rules say that you should include our challenge graphic in your blog posts if you'd like to be entered for the prize or being a top pick :) Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT
Quillish said…
Wow! I absolutely adore this card! Amazing colours and the dimensions with the pop up element is perfect for our challenge. Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations ( I would request you to place the challenge graphic on your post, for getting considered for the random win or sweet pick). Sending love, Ishani.
sweetpea said…
Great card. Thanks for joining in at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Janet DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy