Christmas at Sweet Stampin' ~ Snow People!

Hey there lovely crafty pals, I don't want to alarm you, but did you know there are only 19 weeks until Christmas?!! I'm going into hyper production now as I'm NEVER ready for Christmas when it rolls around! It's time for a new challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and we are preparing for Christmas all year long with a challenge each month and this month, our theme is 'Snow People'. I just love this theme. I could create endless cards with snowy images. I especially love snowpeople. So of course I was well organised when this theme arrived. I adore this sweet image from CC Designs range Roberto's Rascals. I bought it as part of a set of three sweet snowboys. It's been suggested by some of the DT that this cutie looks a little like Casper the Ghost, you saw it too right?! So so cute!!


I used my Copic Markers to colour up this cutie, rounded two of the corners of the image panel and popped it up on foam over the base. I've used a gorgeous paper from Papermania, as the base of this design and if I recall correctly, it was a set called 12 Days of Christmas. I cut the frame shape with a XXL die from Go Kreate. I love these frame shapes, they have a really lovely variety and I really loved creating with them for a change from the square bases I often work with. I kept the design very simple beyond this, as I want to be able to put my Christmas cards together quickly especially the closer we get to Christmas! A simple ribbon wrap and bow and a lovely shiny rose gold coloured '25' to depict Christmas and the card was done! Simples!


Isn't he just the cutest lil' snowman you ever did see?! I'm on a mission to colour up his pals now, I really love the enchanting characters from the Roberto's Rascals range. They have such character and are so so cute! Just what I love.


This pic better shows the pretty shine on that rose gold '25' with the card tilted back to catch the light. I think this was such a simple but sweet finish to this creation. I picked the numbers up from my local Warehouse Stationery here in New Zealand. I couldn't resist these Rose Gold numbers when I saw them and knew I'd find a perfect card to use them on et voilà!


So if it freaks you out as much as me, that we're already past half way through the year and Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye, come join us this month and lets get ready for Christmas together! I can't wait to see what you'll do with this challenge theme. There are SO many gorgeous images of Snowpeople out there, I can think of another dozen, I'd like to get coloured up before Christmas arrives. There's no shortage of snowman stamps, I just need some inspired new takes on the theme, so help a girl out, mmk?! Catch you again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo



Challenge Entries:
The Paper Shelter: #393 ~ Punches & Dies
Colour Crazy Challenge: #31 ~ Anything Goes
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #103 ~ It's Snowtime
Merry Little Christmas: #13 ~ August Anything Goes
The Holly & The Ivy: #54 ~ Anything Christmas Goes
Christmas Card Throwdown: August Colour Challenge (See Below)
Little Red Wagon: #510 ~ "I'd like to teach the world to sing" ~ Frosty The Snowman
Creative Inspirations: August Challenge ~ Something Seasonal (Building A Snowman)


Comments

He certainly is a cute snow-boy Wends, and you have made a fabulous card using him
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Snow cute! He definitely looks like Casper! lovely design, love the shape and the way that gorgeous orange bow matches his nose! It's a really sweet card Wends
xx
Fabiola said…
Il est adorable ce bonhomme de neige, il a un petit air marin non!. Merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz
Heather said…
Such a cutie - like a ghost snowman, lol. Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!
Donna Ellis said…
Hi, Wendy! Your darling little Casper the Snowman is DARLING! I love your soft coloring and the sweet shape behind. Beautiful card! hugs, de
Kate said…
Such a sweet card! I love the wonderful shape and the orange bow is such a lovely touch!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Julie Odil said…
That image is adorable! You have colored this so well. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Colour Crazy Challenge. Julie, DT member
MagsB said…
Hiya, Wends! I love your gorgeous shaped card, and the little Snow Dude - who does look like Casper! - is adorable!

Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge, and have a great weekend, hon!

love Mags B x
Netta said…
EEEEKKKKKK !!! thanks for heads up! working one card a week all year certainly helps to get them done but when you need close to 100....there just isnt enough weeks! lol. very cute card! my husband's fav is snowmen cards! thank you for playing along at 52CCT!
Cutie little snowman... Thank you for sharing with your card with the paper shelter challenge.

Isabelle :)
Rocky said…
He really does look like Casper! Love the splash of orange ribbon to match his nose too.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy