Whimsy Wednesday ~ Ocean Child

Hey there my lovely friends, my new job has started and I'll have almost finished my first week when this post goes live! Exciting, nerve wracking and exhausting all in one big bundle, early nights have been a must! But it's going well and I'm hoping to really get the swing of things soon. But let's not think about work and rather visit a lovely land of beautiful water creatures tonight. I can't even begin to tell you how delish I think this sweetie is! I made this for my sweet niece for her first birthday earlier this year and I've been so wanting to share it with you!


I took a mix of shots of sweet Goldie as I was trying to capture all the details. So funny, she looks really different in the different light settings! I love this first shot taken in my sister's garden, it captures the sheen on the copper embossing so well, which is lost in some of the later shots. 


Here she is nestled in our hedge and her skin colour is truer in this pick than the top one. She looks so pink in the other light! So funny. It's also impossible to see the lovely sparkly Wink of Stella all over the bubbles in this light either! It's lovely in the right light.


The shells are real ones from our local beach and I've added a pearl (yes I know it's not an Oyster, but I thought the look worked, hehe) for a bit of extra bling. 



I really love the starfish paper I've used for this card. It's from a lovely Whimsy Stamps Digital Paper Set, called 'Ahoy There'. I really like this lovely set of nautical themed papers. I don't usually combine blue and green as feature colours, but I think it worked so well for this creation. I hope you had fun checking out my niece's birthday card using the ever enchanting Goldie. 


Click through on the banner above to check out the rest of the awesome Whimsy Stamps August New Release. I'll be back next week with some more inspiration and of course the amazing Digital Divas will be showcasing this fabulous release over on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Page and be sure to share your own Whimsy creations with us too! We have a Sunday Spotlight every week, which features our favourite creations from our Whimsy friends and fans, so do come on over and say hi! Hugs and happy crafting xoxo









Challenge Entries:
PIP: #1933 ~ Anything Goes
Stinkin' Inkers: Some Like It Hot
Use Your Stuff Challenge: #371 ~ Mood Board
Unicorn Challenge: #46 ~ Fully Loaded or CAS
The Paper Shelter: #394 ~ Face It (Any Face Will Do)
Addicted To Stamps & More: #355 ~ Photo Inspiration
Creative Inspirations Challenge: Something Seasonal (Summer!)
Crafty Gals Corner: #198 ~ Emboss It (Sentiment copper embossed on Vellum)

Use Your Stuff Mood Board

Comments

What a sweet image Wends, and an exquisite card - love those wee shells, and the pearl!!
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
It's so sweet and lovely Wends, perfect for a tiny girl!
Glad the new job is going well, always a bit strange at first, you'll get used to it in no time!
xx
Sarah said…
Pleased to hear your new job is going well, I am sure it won't take a lovely lady like you too long to settle in. What a lovely card this is. The sweet baby mermaid is adorable and I love the copper embossed vellum xx
anncreatief said…
Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke
Vickie Y said…
Adorable image and card! Love the shape. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.
Pat said…
Gorgeous card Wends, sweet little image, coloured so beautifully, so glad the job is going well and you are enjoying it.

Pat xx
crafty-stamper said…
Love the cute image and beautifully coloured-love the added shells.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x
missgailly said…
Absolutely ADORABLE! Love everything about it. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail
Such a sweet card. I love details added to accent your image. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs
cass said…
Very cute! Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Fully Loaded or CAS" challenge.
MagsB said…
I love your Whimsy Stamps cards, Wends, and this one is absolutely adorable!

I hope you're settling in well at the new job and not feeling so tired now!

love Mags B x
CraftyNatalie said…
Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations for our seasonal challenge.
Kim said…
What a sweet little image. Love that you took the picture in different angles and lights. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gal's Corner.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy