Sweet Stampin' ~ Pretty In Pink

Hi crafty pals, I've been so busy at work all week (woohoo, go me!!) that I've totally forgotten to double check that I'd posted my Sweet Stampin' card from last Saturday, uh oh!! Just found it in the line up, unwritten! Clearly my head is in a different place. Here, very late, is my contribution to the Sweet Stampin' 'Pink' challenge. I'll add to it later, as right now, I need to run out the door to work, but I thought you could look at the pretties at least! I'll sort it all later on my return and add the stamp details etc.


Right, I'm back after a huge day at work and really needing to do some crafty stuff that lifts my soul! So here are the details for this cutie. She is from the talented Nikky Hall of Polkadoodles. I think her images are fabulous and I particularly love this one! I bought her in a set of Science themed goodies, and I think she's fabulous! 


I used a wonderful stamp set on the back of the tag to add all these science themed little extras. The set is an older MFT set called Undeniable Chemistry. I thought it would be fun to add the lil' science themed doohickeys around the sentiment and I love how it came out. 


This tag was created for one of Zac's lil' gal pals at school. She's a really cutie and her mama is a Doctor who has been working as a Scientist recently, so I thought this would be fun to add to her birthday goodies. Zac and Emma used to do a kids science class together, so there are several connections to this image choice. 


I find it so hard to capture the sparkle, but it's definitely there. Some on her glasses and some on the beaker, so I moved the card around in the light to try and capture it, sorry about the shadows! The fabulous paper I've used on this tag is from Anita Designs who is a designer for The Digital Press. This was part of a blog hop called 'Schooled' and designers offered a small selection of papers or digital scrapbooking ingredients along the hop. I just love this fabulous paper and I really love so many of Anita's wonderful designs, so I encourage you to go take a look at her designs at The Digital Press


I was mindful when we set this challenge theme that for some this colour represents something else for them and so I've crafted a couple of cards in honour of that, using the wonderful clear stamps sets from Whimsy Stamps that are perfect for those 'I have no words' cards when you're trying to lift a friends spirits fighting this awful illness. 


I hope you've already been over to the challenge and joined in the fun with us, it's so close to finishing, but there's still a tiny bit of time. So join us if you can. I'll be back with another crafty adventure really soon. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo






Comments

Loving that sweet scientist tag Wends - and yes, I could see the sparkle :). Love the shape of the tag, what brand is it?
Your other pink card is rather snarky, and I love it - the quote about the head shape is perfect!
Blessings
Maxine
Sarah said…
I love that cute little miss. The shape of the tag is fantastic and the stamped elements finish it off perfectly. I bet it brought a smile to Zac's little buddy's face. Those whimsy stamp sets are perfect for showing you care during difficult times xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy