Sweet Stampin' ~ Blue & White Celebration!

Hey crafty friends, we're celebrating out 10th birthday at Sweet Stampin' this week and it's also St Andrew's Day, so we're combining themes and having a blue & white theme for those who'd like to play along with that theme or you could go for the more generic 'celebration' theme. Most of the design team have combined them which is perfect!


I chose to create a couple of Christmas cards with the 'Blue & White' theme, combining the celebration and colour theme. The fabulous Scandi-chic image is from Close To My Heart and made a very 'quick make' with only a touch of glitter to accent the heart required. The pretty snowflake frame is a Paper Boutique die and I've had my eye on this die ever since my lovely crafty pal Sarah shared her first post using one of these. I hunted the globe to find a retailer who still had this older style in stock and would post to New Zealand. Luckily Hobbycraft in the UK came to the rescue. I was such a happy girlie when this pretty die set arrived! I've created several different designs now with this die, so I'll reveal more in the coming weeks. It's way more versatile than you might think on first look!


These cards were actually created as part of a commission. Which has had me Christmas crafting like crazy for days running! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when my boss, (who really loved a birthday card I made for her) ordered 20 Christmas cards and 20 birthday cards. That on it's own was not the scary bit, it was the fact she wanted them in 10 days! Needless to say, I had to forego doing all 40, as it was just physically impossible for me, despite crafting every moment I wasn't either working or sleeping after she placed her order. 


I managed to have 24 Christmas cards ready when the time was up, so I was able to offer her some choices, which was nice. She kept 18 of the 24 I had prepared and the funny thing is, the ones she gave back to me, where my favourites! So it's back to drawing board to create a another couple to make up her 20, not to mention the 20 birthday cards she ordered. I showed my mum and brother the cards she'd declined and they snapped them up between them, so that was both lovely and surprising! My mummy loved the ones which were my favourites. I'll share those in another post. 


We have such a wonderful prize on offer to all entrants who played along in any of our challenges in November. If you played in multiple challenges, you have extra chances to win! The lovely folks at Whimsy Stamps have offered a wonderful prize for our lucky winner. 5 fabulous digital images! So come and join the celebrations with us! 


Be sure to stop by the blog to check out what my talented teamies did for our big birthday celebration. They've created some stellar designs! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure in the meantime, have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting. Hugs, Wends xoxo


Comments

Sarah said…
How I love helping my blogging buddies spend their hard earned cash!! In this case Wends it was well worth it, I love that die set and am always impressed how well they cut. You are certainly getting good use from the set and these cards are absolutely beautiful xx
How wonderful to have the commission to fund your addiction Wends :) Fabulous cards too!
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy