Whimsy Wednesday ~ Flying By To Say A Quick Hi

Hey crafty pals, it's time I shared this cutie from our latest release here at Whimsy. I've been caught up sharing our fabulous Guest Designer's first post and organising some exciting future projects with the Divas, so I haven't had a minute to share this lil' guy! I just think he's the cutest and he SO reminded me of Hong Kong Phooey (yes I'm showing my age!) that I really wanted to ink this lil' guy up to look a little like him. I'm so happy with how he came out too. 


I created a long thin card design which suited this image SO well I think. I added the background paper into a Google Doc' page and then added the PNG version of the image over this, which makes the paper then transparent where the image is, so allows the image and paper to be printed on the same page, making this a very simple one layer design.


I've coloured the image with my Copic Markers and shaded the clouds and under the plane and his ears and face to give a little dimension to the design. I've actually added Wink of Stella to the hearts on the plane and to the Be Mine lettering, but you know Wink of Stella, it only shows up in the right light! So almost impossible to see. It's got a lovely shine in reality. There's a little on the inside of the propeller and on the edge of his glasses too.


We have a fabulous release this month, the first for the year and we've had some exciting additions to our digital line up! See if you can spot our new range?! Needless to say, it's going to be a great year at Whimsy and we're excited to keep bringing your fantastic images and content. So come visit our Facebook Page and our Inspiration Blog regularly as there's always plenty going on! Hugs and happy crafting xoxo



Challenge Entries:
Love To Scrap: #129 ~ Anything Goes
Love To Craft: #42 ~ January Anything Goes
Craft Rocket: #66 ~ Something New (New Stamp)
Crafty Creations Challenge: #405 ~ January Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges: #87 ~ Something New (New Stamp)

Update: I made the Top 3 at Get Creative Challenges. Thank you so much ladies! 


Comments

Chris said…
Oh he IS a cutie Wends...can see exactly what you mean about Hong Kong Phooey!!!, Fabulous colouring and your design showcases him beautifully!
xx
Oh Wends this is fabulous - love the image and your colouring of it. The card shape is perfect for it!
Thank you for your New Years wishes - I hope this year is a wonderful one for you.
Blessings
Maxine
Claudia said…
This is so wonderful cute Wendy, just love it and the great idea to combine patterned digi paper with digi stamps. fantastic.

Hugs Claudia

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy