Sweet Stampin' ~ Whimsy Weekend ~ Mama Love

Hey there crafty pals, I'm back today with a Sweet Stampin' post. I've been colouring up this gorgeous image from the Whimsy Stamps 'Love For Australia' Stamp set and it struck me how 'motherly' this sweet image is. We are celebrating mothers and 'Mothering Sunday' in the UK which falls on March 22nd. We are not all lucky enough to still have our lovely mothers, but if you are, and would like to celebrate along with us, come and join in with your own tribute to your mama. 


I've actually made this card for 'me'. It's my birthday in a few days and I know my small boy will want to give me a card and he's not yet confident to make his own, so I've made this for him to give to me for my birthday. That wasn't actually the intention when I created the card, I was just designing with Crissy Armstrong's beautiful image, but I fell a little in love with it as I was designing this card and I love this sweet image so much, it embodies the way I feel about my kiddos, all motherly and protective, so that's what's happening with this cutie. We don't actually celebrate Mother's Day here in New Zealand until May 10th, so I'll be creating a Mother's Day card for my own beautiful mummy and my lovely mother-in-law then.


This gorgeous paper is from a lovely Kaisercraft paper pad called Rustic Harmony and I just LOVE the way this paper works with the colours I chose to colour up this adorable image. I wanted the wee roo to stand out in the mama roo's pouch, so coloured that cutie up a little darker. I've used my Copic Markers to colour them up. That gorgeous lace I bought so long ago, I couldn't tell you where from, but I want to say 'Live and Love Crafts', because it's just the sort of stash I have 'hoarded' from them. I'm still so sad they're no longer around! It was absolutely perfect lace for this creation and I LOVE how it finished the design. 


I'm including a Whimsy watermarked image here too, as I will also be sharing this cutie over there. Be sure if you're creating with Whimsy Stamps to come and share your gorgeous creations with us there in our Facebook Group. We love to see what folks are doing with these gorgeous images!


I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure and to all my British pals who will be celebrating Mothering Sunday tomorrow, hugs and huge love to you all and extra gentle hugs if your own mama is no longer with us. These days can be bittersweet under the circumstances. 


Be sure to stop in and check out what my talented teamies did for this challenge. They're a crazy talented bunch and you're sure to leave inspired, so even if you don't plan to play along (though we really hope you do!) stop in for a visit anyway. Hugs and stay safe out there! Wends xoxo





Challenge Entries:

Comments

What a gorgeous image Wends, and you have coloured it to perfection - love that you have used darker tones around it so that it really 'pops'.
Stay safe
Blessing
Maxine
Dawn T said…
This is very sweet Wendy. How gorgeous it turned out. You are so clever at incorporating beautiful papers with your delightful images.
Pat said…
Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured and beautiful papers on your lovely card Wends.

Pat xx
Chris said…
A sweet and lovely image, beautifully coloured and teamed with gorgeous papers and that beautiful lace. It's a perfect card for its lovely recipient:)
hugs
xxx
mixamatoasties said…
Love it! And so lovely that you can keep one of your amazing cards :) xx
Sarah said…
What a gorgeous card and I can see the appeal of making it for yourself...hope it is going to be framed!! xx
Chrissy said…
Gorgeous sweet card Wendy..

Luv CHRISSYxx
Wendy said…
Gorgeous card Wends, such a sweet image beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Wendy Xx
Céline said…
this card is so sweet
love how you colored him
hugs
céline
Claudia said…
Wonderful, simply wonderful, your colouring - wow - and the creation perfect in every angle!
Hugs Claudia

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy