Whimsy Wednesday ~ Wombat Smiles

Hey there crafty pals. I'm stopping in tonight to share a creation I've been working on for a couple of weeks now. I was given a set of coconut body products over Christmas and they came in this box that was decorated with palm leaves. You know me and recycling, I love to recycle in my crafting. When this cutie was released, I took one look at that box and had a wee 'aha' moment! I could totally envision this sweet Wombat sitting amongst these leaves. 


Good thing I saved that box from Christmas as I think it is just perfect for this creation. I cut the back panel off the box and covered the ingredient list with the image. I tried all sorts of embellishments over the image and paper, but liked it best plain. So I just rounded the corners of the card to mirror the lovely rounded rectangles die I'd used to cut out the image. I layered up the wombat over some blue card that was cut from elsewhere on the box. It's actually two halves put together from the outer edges of the box. The panel wasn't wide enough to cut the entire frame, so I cut two halves and layered a pretty green ribbon over it to hide the join. 


This adorable wee wombat is one of the cuties that Crissy Armstrong coloured up for the Love For Australia charity stamp set. Such a worthy cause and the most adorable line up of Native Australian Animals. I just love the sweet face on this cutie and was so happy with him all coloured up, right up to the point when hubby asked why I'd coloured up his toes as claws, doh! Funny how we can interpret things so differently. I totally saw them as claws!


This gorgeous set is only available for a limited time so be sure to grab it while you can and you can feel really good about supporting a great cause while you colour up these cuties! I'll be back again very soon with another crafty adventure. Have a wonderful week and stay safe out there! xoxo



Challenge Entries:

Comments

Wends this is absolutely gorgeous - a wonderful background to the sweet image!
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
What a cutie...and how lucky you saved that box! It's the perfect setting for him!
hugs
xxx
Dawn T said…
Fabulous Wendy. Great way to upcycle such gorgeous packages.
Céline said…
he makes me smile, too cute
hugs
céline

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy