Whimsy Stamps ~ Hidden Messages

Hey there crafty pals, I'm back from my few days away up North at our family bach. I had meant to share this creation with you whilst I was there, but the wifi turned out to be a bit spotty and made it impossible. So here I am today, with my darling Aunt's card, for the birthday she shares with my lovely mummy, her twin sister!


I used the most beautiful paper from the Whimsy Stamps paper pad called Floral Impressions for this creation. I just love the lush colours of this and I know my darling aunt will too. I used the scalloped edge die which comes paired with a lovely rainbow inlaid die set to create the scalloped border. I diecut the sentiment out of the paper, and added the stamped greeting, which I did a little wonky, so happily I did the diecutting for the  frame after this and was able to straighten it up a little. Cheeky trick, but worked!


I wanted to show a little of my process with lining up the lettering etc for this creation, as it takes a bit of organising to lay things down 'just right'. I found the blue low tack tape I've been using perfect for this. I cellotaped the back of the card across the area that had been diecut in order to lay back the coloured pieces to fill the gaps. Which made everything else much easier to line up. 


Once the coloured layer of the sentiment was in place, I used the same tape to pick up the lettering and lay it over the solid colour lettering, after I'd applied the liquid glue to the letters. It gives a tiny bit of wiggle room with the wet glue, but not a-lot, so lining it up with the low tack tape is great. I wanted to give the diecut area strength, so lay wide strips of double sided glue to keep it all stable.



A fun creation and I think so pretty with that gorgeous Floral Impressions paper. Have you tried anything like this before? I have only tried it once before and was really pleased with the results, you can see that post here. Thanks for popping in today, I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, stay safe and enjoy your own crafty adventures. Hugs xoxo





Comments

Fikreta said…
Very nice card!
Sarah said…
Oh my word, this is glorious!! Such beautiful paper and I love the shadow effect. Hope you had a lovely rest while you were away xx
Dawn T said…
so pretty Wendy. love the amazing colours in your patterned paper
Chris said…
So pretty and feminine Wends, that paper is beautiful.
xx
Beautiful paper, and so beautifully used on this gorgeous card Wends - love your inlaid greeting
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy