Whimsy Stamps ~ Snow Much Fun

Hey crafty pals, I wonder if it has snowed for you over Christmas? Are the snowdrops blooming yet? I miss seeing those in Spring, it's not cold enough here for Snowdrops. I had such fun creating these snowy little cards, it had me waxing nostalgic for England and Winter Snow!


I wanted to create some little notecards for some Christmas pressies being shared after Christmas, for friends we couldn't see earlier. They have three kiddos and I thought it would be cute to create these wee notecards for their parcels. The notecards are half the size of an A2 card and I think the images work a treat on these cards! I completely adore this cute and fun set by Krista Heij-Barber.


I did something a little different with each of the backgrounds on these cards. I was playing with a super fun stamp set that has lots of different patterns that can be used to add detail to cards, for paper piecing or to create backgrounds. I decided I'd try some different patterns to emulate snow. For this first one, I used the spotty background which is perfect for snowfall. I didn't want a hard edge, so I inked the stamp up and then dragged a cloth in from the edges to soften the hard edge of the stamp. Love how that came out. 


I used a craft knife to do all the fussy cutting. With details that are tiny, I find this infinitely easier than scissors. Once cut, I layered up the wee characters on foam, I used a mix of cut down foam sheets and little foam strips. I added extra texture to the kraft cards with some Lawn Fawn Fairy Dust through a stencil. The sentiments I stamped and diecut with the companion dies. Which made covering a messy stamping mistake so easy! I used the same Distress Oxide Inks to stamp the sentiments, as I used for the backgrounds. 


On the kraft backgrounds, I blended Oxide Ink as the base, then layered the detail stamp on top. I used a ditsy floral for the kraft cards, one in pink and one in blue. They didn't 'pop' on the kraft like they do on the white card, so I decided to add a sparkly layer of snowfall on top using Lawn Fawn Fairy Dust texture paste through a Whimsy Farmhouse Greenery Stencil, that I thought would add a fun bit of interest and texture and I'm so glad I added this as I think it's a fun extra detail.


I had such fun creating these cute wee cards. They really are perfect for little gift cards and Krista's cute little stamps lend themselves so well to these. The images were coloured with Copic Markers and I gave each card a different marshmallow colour just for fun. We have pink and white marshmallows here in New Zealand, so I thought I'd do a mix of these. I didn't want to use 'grey' copic colours on the marshmallows, so chose warmer tones to colour the white mallows.


Thanks for popping in to visit today. Let me know you've been if you did! I'd love to visit you too. I'll be back again soon with my last Whimsy creation for this month, because oh wow, how fast has this month gone already?! It's almost February! I'm having such fun with the elements the Treasures Team is showcasing this month and the rest of the team have made some sensational creations with these elements too, so be sure to check theirs out. You can find all the design teams posts on our Facebook page. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo










Comments

Sarah said…
They are sooo Cute!! Lovely cards and the soft inky backgrounds look fabulous. We have snowdrops, not very many but they are popping up nevertheless. One of our first liveries (Jenny) split some from her garden and they are along the hedge at the front of the house. She died quite a few years ago, so it is always a special reminder when hers start to push though the ground. We planted some new bulbs in Mog and Suzy's garden a couple of winters ago and they are really tiny at the moment. I am hoping for snow, it looks so lovely even though it's a right royal nuisance!! Hope you are doing okay xx
Chris said…
Hi Wends- no snow here so far, we don't seem to get much snow in this little SE corner of the UK any more, not any to talk about for the past few years. My youngest granddaughter who is now 2 1/2 hasn't seen any! The older ones keep hoping- remembering with nostalgia the days their school was closed because the roads were too dangerous- and the fun they had sledging!
No snowdrops yet- but I'm looking every day...
Love your cute little cards- lovely design and those images are so cute.
xx
Dawn T said…
what a clever idea Wendy. They are super cute and such fun.
Oh how gorgeous Wends - these are super cute, and so many wee details to make them so delightful
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy