Whimsy Stamps ~ Excited for Halloween!

Hey crafty friends, I've been a little quiet because I picked up a nasty flu bug and have been absolutely flattened by it. But I did have a post scheduled to go live while I was sick, on the Whimsy Stamps YouTube Channel, so let me share some details with you.


I picked up a pretty cardstock pack in a peachy pink from a local craft store, which I thought would make a sweet base for this design. I love pink for Halloween. If you've followed me any length of time, you'll know I'm very definitely a 'too cute to spook' Halloween crafter. I love the playfulness of Halloween and pink for Halloween embodies that for me. So this was a fun starting point for this design. You may recall my treat boxes from last year. I had some left overs from the panel I inked the Ghostly Greetings background on, which fit these little windows so perfectly. But I only had two, so left the central window free, to turn it into a tiny shaker well. 


This make took me a while to settle on the sentiments, but I knew from the get go, I wanted ghosts flying around the apertures. I created the central apertures with a cool little trio window die from the Terrific Tickets Add-Ons Die Set. I put little stamped elements behind the top an bottom window, which were left overs from last years creating for Halloween as mentioned above. I left the central window free to create a tiny shaker element. I cherry picked some cute embellishments including three little white ghost embellishments which work so well with the rest of the ghostly theme. I added a mix of seed beads, some little sequin stars 


After much debating, I settled on the sentiment Spooky Halloween as my main greeting. The 'o's in this were such a good match for the eyes on my ghosts it felt rather perfect in the end, but I debated quite a while as I wanted a sentiment which made good sense. I really wanted to use the cute sub-sentiment 'I would never ghost you' and needed the top sentiment to work with it. But I'm happy where I landed. 


I had issues with the cardstock, which was a cheaper card front from a local craft store. It had a slightly slick finish which made it hard to ink on. So I opted to use Stazon Black ink for the stamping. This was a good option in the end and stamped well. To check out the full creative adventure you can watch my YouTube Tutorial for Whimsy Stamps.


Thanks for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed my first Halloween make of the season. I'm SO excited to share with you all the creative adventures I'll be having with our awesome Whimsy Stamps Halloweeners Design Team. We are going to be bring magic and mayhem all Halloween long. We are having a Halloween Challenge over on the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog and would love you to come and share your Halloween creations with us over there. You have all month to enter, you just need to enusre a Whimsy elements is the focus of your design. The first Halloween release for the season goes live on August 5th, so be sure to join us for that! Until then, I wish you a magical month, Wends xoxo










(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:
Love To Craft: #93 ~ Anything Goes
Love To Scrap: #180 ~ Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge: #84 ~ Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon: #869 ~ One Thing - One Grim Reaper
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes ~ Spellbinders
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: August 2026 ~ Anything Halloween Goes

Comments

Darlene said…
OH WOW what an awesome card! Love that it's a shaker ... very creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Two Old Bats Co-Owner
Lorraine said…
Sorry to hear you've been poorly Wendy - hope you are feeling much better now.
Your card looks fabulous. although Halloween hasn't entered my head yet....I'm still in cricket season!
Lorraine x
JanR said…
Great card! Those ghosts are so cool. Glad you're feeling better! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.
Thanks so much Darlene xoxo
Happily much better now Lorraine, but it was a nasty flu, knocked me out completely for several days and still trying to find my energy 2 weeks later! Not fun, but so much better now. Enjoy Cricket season! xoxo
Thanks for your kindness Jan xoxo

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy