Belle & Beau

I have a sweet card to share today, of a belle and her beau which I made for the wedding of friends back in the UK. I used the paper from their invite as the background, which I thought would be a nice touch to use on the card. I loved the red with the gold swirls and thought it made a very regal backdrop. I stamped the Lili of the Valley circular sentiment onto a scalloped circle which I cut using a Spellbinders die and edged the image in the same ink as I used to ink up the sentiment, which is Memento Rich Cocoa.


I used a gorgeous natural cotton lace from Wild Orchid Crafts and a lovely top-stitched grosgrain ribbon. I wanted to add flowers to represent the brides bouquet, so rather than place them as I usually would around the image with the stems trimmed and curled, I placed them with the stems wrapped in ribbon and added a couple of pearl stems for texture and interest. I was really pleased with the finished look, I think it works really well. The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts Gardenia and Wild Rose.

P1080343     P1080342

But enough about all the extras, the true star in this piece is the gorgeous Tiddly Inks image. I used this same one previously for my sister's wedding card and I keep coming back to it for this special celebration. It's such an intimate and beautiful stamp. 

7527639474_ab241aeffb_o

I love the tender connection between the couple and I think it's really rather special. I know I'll use it again and again. You can see the card I made for my sister using this image here. It's the same image, but an incredibly different result. So versatile! I coloured this gorgeous image with my Promarkers and added a little blue to the brides hair. I love how this turned out, I think it looks brilliant. Perfect for dark lush Bengali locks. I used a lovely Memory Box shaped die called 'Splendor' to frame the image.

Well that's it folks. I hope you've enjoyed having a visit to my blog today. Come again, have a cuppa, stay for a chat. Thanks for visiting, see you again soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Divas By Design: Use A Digi
Tiddly Inks Challenge: #121 ~ Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge: #77 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge: #247 ~ Autumn Colours (Autumn Gold & Red)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #192 ~ Traditional Christmas Colours (Red, Gold & White)
Live & Love Crafts: Christmas Inspiration Collage (Reds, Greys & Cream of the flowers)

Comments

Elise said…
OoH Wendy! What a GORGEOUS wedding card!!! They must've really loved it!!! And the colors that you chose to use .. simply STUNNING!

Big Hugs,
Elise
PaperDaisies said…
Such a stunning card. I love it. Great design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina
debby4000 said…
Gorgeous and adorable
luv
Debby
Athina said…
What beautiful trims and embellishments! Lovely card! Thank you for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!
coops said…
wow so stunning wendy.fabulous image and i love your gorgeous details and papers ;D

xx coops xx
A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT
Wendy said…
Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx
OMGosh I have just colored this image up the other day! I love how you colored them and the fabulous design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!
Shirley said…
Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!
Loopylou. said…
ack, I thought I had popped in on this card already but I can't of done?! I am so sorry sweets!
Its just beautiful and I bet they LOVED it
thankyou for playing along with the tiddly inkers
hugs Lou xx
Unknown said…
Hi Wendy,
Hope all is well with you & family. Now is the time when it's awful here in the UK; grey, miserable and rainy. Lucky you; I'm sure you must be enjoying it on the other side of the planet. :-) Very sweet card; such a cute couple. Thanks for joining LLC this month. Hugz & take care, Sandy

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy