Saucy Christmas Wish

10955503895_f6c6f7beae_o

My post today is a card I made for my hubby for Christmas. I can only wish to have these curves! But thought he'd enjoy this card (perhaps a little too much!) LOL. It's incredibly CAS. I'm big into recycling (my husband would say I'm a hoarder!) so I used an old Vistaprint junk-mail flyer as the background, which was from our last Christmas in the UK and I added a mirror effect snowflake. There was already more than enough Christmassy flavour in the flyer, so I didn't add much else, just a decorative Christmas sentiment from Teresa Collins.

10955179405_54e494135a_o

The gem of this piece is of course Kenny Kiernan's fantastic image, which I've coloured up with my Promarkers and added some white flowersoft to give the effect of fur. I was chuffed with how quickly it came together and how CAS it really is. Here's a close up of Kenny K's lovely image. She really is quite a looker. Kenny has a talent for drawing women in a very provocative and saucy way. They're always so beautiful too. You can check out the rest of the range here.

10955752163_0eb1f088a3_o

I mounted the image on red card and rounded the corners of the image and the backing card, then placed it directly over the Vistaprint advertisement's words, et voila! Finally the 'arty shot'. Taken with the card standing up. Not the most flattering shot of the image, as she now looks shorter and wider, but then, that's a little more inline with my hubby's wife! Hehehe.

10955404833_b8a01fd415_o

Thanks for popping in on my lil' blog today, it's always awesome to have you visit. Hope you liked this simple Christmas make and there'll be more soon, so come on back.
Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
CAS on Sunday: #22 ~ A Winter Theme
Stampin' For The Weekend: Feeling Festive
Time 4 Scrap: #25 ~ All I Want For Christmas
Fab 'n' Funky: Birthday Post ~ Anything Goes
Kenny K's Krafty Krew: #160 ~ Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: #34 ~ Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges: #70 ~ Clean & Simple
Crafty Calendar Challenge: All Things Christmas
Crafty Creations Challenges: #249 ~ Ready for the Holidays - Thanksgiving or Christmas
CAS Colours & Sketches: #52 ~ Colours - Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive  & Crumb Cake (hair)

Comments

Loopylou. said…
omg that is so neat Wendy! I love the fluff!! He will love it...a LOT!! he he he he!!
huge hugs Lou xx
Sue said…
Fabulous card Wendy, I love the image, colours and wonderful fluffy bits
hugs Sue xx
Dena said…
OOO la la! Fantastic card Wendy! Love how you recycled a Christmas flyer! I bet hubby loves it!
Hugs, Dena
Tammy (LaDiva) said…
Hi Wendy! Your card is perfect for your hubby :) So glad you like our images and thanks for the link to our store :) Thanks so much for playing with us at KennyK Krafty Krew’s *Anything Goes* challenge ! Good luck in the draws, top 3 and spotlight!

Tammy, KennyK DT Coordinator/Designer & Facebook Admin from Créations LaDiva :) xx
Wishcraft said…
Fab image and design, very clever recycling too! Hugs, Lisa x
Wendy said…
Great card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx
Beverley said…
FABulous cards & there is nothing wrong with a bit of recycling! Hugs Bev x
Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT
coops said…
so stunning wendy.fabulous cas design and i love the sassy saucy image :D

xx coops xx
karen h said…
Great card - love the recycling! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!
Nathalie said…
Very cute card. I love your image and colouring. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
Nathalie
Unknown said…
Such a wonderful and adorable card! She is surely a saucy girl, and not to mention, cute. Thanks for sharing this one. Best Christmas wishes to you!
Mariken said…
Love your card, really beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday.
Mariken xx
Janneke said…
Great card!
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy