So Special To Me

Hi folks, a quick post today with a card I made for our elderly neighbour back in London. I didn't want to use a 'cute' image, which is my usual go to for cards, as there was nothing quite right for what I had in my head to send to her. But I wanted to convey how much we miss her and how special she is to us. She was like a surrogate Granny for my kiddos for the years we lived in London and we remember her so fondly. We were so blessed to have had such a wonderful neighbour for all those years. So this is what I came up with. 



Something totally different from my usual style, and I have to say, I love it. It was a real departure from the norm for me and I was way out of my comfort zone, but I just thought 'Jo Kill' and went for it! (I love her simple, stylish, edgy designs!) I threw down some brown Hessian, a pretty paper which came free with one of my fav' craft magazines (can't remember which, sorry!) and edged the paper with a fab faux stitch set from Lili of the Valley.

9469513864_961de87389_o

The sentiment was one I picked up from the Ally Pally craft fair last year amongst a huge bin of loose unmounted grey rubber sentiments. I just love these, I have a big selection of them and there are some really brilliant sentiments and this one was perfect for our lovely neighbour.

10787894654_99bef79fd0_o

I found another finer natural Hessian in my stash, so cut that in a rough circular shape and glued that down. I topped that with some loops that I pulled loose from the edge of the brown hessian and then topped with a ready-made chipboard flower et voila, card done.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed having a look at this very different card design for me, let me know if you like my 'Jo Kill inspired' card or not. Come again soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss Challenge: #209 ~ Remember
Challenges 4 Everybody: #33 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #32 ~ Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps Inspirational Challenges: #65 ~ Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge: #14 ~ Case Your Favourite Designer (I've always really loved Jo Kill's style of cardmaking and was inspired by her designs in the making of this card.)
Crafty Catz Challenge: #206 ~ Inspirational Photo (My backround paper and the starburst style of my embellishment inspired this challenge entry.)






Comments

Sue said…
I love this Wendy, such a gorgeous design, wonderful textures and beautiful colours too.
hugs Sue xx
coops said…
so stunning wendy.i love your beautiful design and really gorgeous flower :D

xx coops xx
tilly said…
it's beautiful and I think she will love it, a fab flower to go with the hession, thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz
Tilly
Vicky said…
This is gorgeous sweetie I lurve the lush colours. I'm certain she will treasure this for years.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Unknown said…
Simple and elegant, love the burlap, it always makes the card special. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx
This is so fabulous, I love it.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy