'Tis The Season...

I have a CAS card design to share with you today. I love this sweet image from the Sugar Nellie collection over at Funky Kits. I have this cutie in rubber, but she's available also as a digi stamp now. I didn't discover Sugar Nellie stamps until 2012, but it's fair to say I've become pretty obsessed with them ever since! I have quite a number of these gorgeous stamps and this sweet stamp is one of my early buys, which I don't think has seen ink before! Shame on me! She's utterly perfect for Christmas makes. My first ever Sugar Nellie stamp was the two penguins which I used for a card last week, you can see that creation here.

I stamped her straight onto the cardstock as I was inking her up for the first time along with some other rubber stamps, so I was just playing and hoping the images would come out well, no 'gaps'. She inked up really well on this cardstock, but it's not the best for alcohol ink colouring, so I stuck with very pale colours in case they bled. I must say though, that my Promarkers behaved very well on this medium to my surprise and there really was no bleeding to speak of. The sweet sentiment I've used is from a Lili of the Valley stamp set called Christmas Handwritten Phrases.

10619816936_1774bf4ba8_b

It's difficult to see in the pics, but I've graded the colour on the wings, dark outer edges and light towards the body. I hadn't tried this before and was pleased with the subtle but pretty effect. So much so, I decided not to do my usual trick of glittering up the wings, as I didn't want the subtle shading to be lost in glitter! So I added the sparkle elsewhere.

10508408124_c28c0b138e_o

The snowflake stamps I used are from a Swedish craft company called Panduro Hobby. They worked well for this card, despite their rather large size and I think the intricate snowflake designs of these stamps are really pretty. I edged the card in the same pale blue Memento Summer Sky ink as I've used for the snowflakes. I added a touch of stickles stardust to the centres of the snowflakes and although the difference is subtle, I used diamond stickles on her socks and the collar of her coat and crystal stickles on her petticoat. Up close, the difference is visible, not so sadly in the photos.

10684309995_ca04ed73ed_o

I added glossy accents to the stars and touches of Viva pearl pen in her hair, on her wings and as the button on her coat. I also added this lovely Christmas greeting to the inside of the card to finish it off which is by Amy R Stamps for CC Designs and that was it. My very quick and easy, clean and simple card. 

10508387966_2a1a1664df_o

Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you've enjoyed looking at this sweet and simple make and do feel free to browse through previous posts too. If you leave me a lil' hello, I can come visit you in return. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Addicted to CAS: #25 ~ One Layer
Cute Card Thursday: #293 ~ Sparkles
Crafty Muskateers: #7 ~ Pretty Pastels
Loves Rubberstamps: #77 ~ Anything Goes
A Little Bit Crafty: November ~ Sparkle & Shine
The Sugar Bowl: #109 ~ First Sugar Nellie Stamp
Challenges For Everybody: #32 ~ Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: #70 ~ Photo Inspiration
Gems of Inspiration Challenge: #104 ~ Christmas is Coming
Crafty Calendar Challenge: November ~ All Things Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Blog: Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Footnote: As I look at these pics, I'm disappointed that the pastel colouring really hasn't shown up! There is some gentle colour grading on the wings and the fairy's outfit is actually a lavender colour - I swear! :(

Comments

Emily Leiphart said…
So pretty, Wendy! I adore the sweet image and your lovely background. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
Sue said…
So gorgeous Wendy, I love the sweet image and your delicate colouring is perfect. The snowflakes look so beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx
Heather said…
A fabulous card - I love the CAS style and soft gentle colour scheme. A lovely background and adorable sweet image!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx
debby4000 said…
Love your cute, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby
Unknown said…
What a little cutey,gorgeous thank you for joining in with us at crafting musketeers and good luck
sandie said…
I love the coloring of her wings-greaat job. Thanks for jooining us at ATCAS and ATSM
Fran said…
Fab card, thank you for joining us over at The Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog , Fran (DT) xx
Borqna said…
Fantastic job! Good luck!
Hazel said…
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'pretty pastels' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x
Olivia said…
This is so beautiful and love the use of glitter.
Pop's Cards said…
Beautiful sweetie, hugs Pops x x x
Wishcraft said…
This is lovely hun, so pretty! Love this sweet image and the soft colours are perfect for her :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Anonymous said…
Beautifully CAS, love it...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x
coops said…
so beautiful wendy.gorgeous cas design and i love your pretty colours and sweet image :D

xx coops xx
PaperDaisies said…
Your card is so pretty. Love it. Great job. A perfect entry for our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps. Thanks for joining us. Hugs Nina
Deborah Frings said…
A really pretty card with such subtle colours. Thanks for playing along with ASM this week!
Deepti Stephens said…
This is sooo sweet.. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)
Oh this is so super cute!!! I love the fabulous image and design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!
lis-m said…
How sweet is she?? I LOVE her...
thanks for joining us at the SugarBowl this time. Good luck!
Hugs xx
Juls said…
This is just beautiful!! Thanks so much 4 joining us in the sugar bowl. Hugs Juls
Oh my goodness. How sweet!! Love the image! It is so happy!

Thanks for sharing at Crafting Musketeers!
Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy