Sweet Stampin' ~ Fairies/Fantasy

What a week! We've had such fun in this house with all our Halloween shenanigans. I've spent a lot of this week taking down the decorations and tidying things away again. A bit of a mammoth task and there's still so much candy in the house! But today, I'm off to fantasy land, or at least my card is. We have a new challenge starting at Sweet Stampin' today and we want to see your 'Fairies & Fantasy' creations. I've worked with a super fun Stamping Bella image from the Edna the Fairy Godmother range. This image is called, Edna needs a Martini. I loved this the moment I saw it!


One of our lovely past DT had a birthday recently, and I made this card for her. Knowing this challenge was coming up I thought it was the perfect fit for this. I think Edna is such fun and I found this delish paper from the Kaisercraft Marigold collection with it's rich teal tones and decided to colour Edna to match. I love the fabulous Marianne Designs Doily Star which I cut from some paper that toned well with the card base. I was so chuffed with how her dress came out. I coloured Edna with my Promarkers. I've added plenty of glitter to her wings and a touch to her dress frills and the flower in her hair. I also added some glossy accents to her lips and the martini glass for a bit of shine there. 


The lovely Filigree Corner Die is from La La Land Crafts and the perfectly toned flat back pearls are from Flourish With A Bling.  I love that their sets come in multiple sizes in the one colour. These are really fabulous pearl sets. The sentiment which is also from the same Stamping Bella set, I stamped directly on the paper with Memento Black Tuxedo ink.


I popped up the patterned paper on a sheet of foam for a bit of depth and dimension and the rest of the card kept pretty CAS. The first photo was taken in full sun to show the shadows and dimensions on the card, this shot below taken in shade, better shows the true colours of the paper.


The fantasy portion of my card, is of course the 'idea' that I could actually stay awake long enough on a night out to get through '3 Martini'!! LOL. My get up and go, has got up and gone a long time ago! Running on coffee and will, I can only fantasize about large nights out enjoying multiple martini's!! I'm all good with that though, I wouldn't swap my world for anything.


I hope you'll come and join in the fun with us this week for this super fun theme. I love all things fantasy and fairies most of all! Do go and check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to. They are such a talented bunch and their creations are brilliant! We look forward to visiting your blogs and checking out your wonderful fantasy inspired creations. I'll be back again very soon with Candy (oh I wish I could give you Halloween candy too!) and some exciting news, so watch this space!! Have an awesome weekend. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Cute Card Thursday: #502 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #44 ~ Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters: I See Spots (on her dress)
Crafting By Designs: November ~ Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers: #346 ~ Show Us Some Sparkle
Aud Sentiments: #192 ~ Bingo (Faux Stitching, Stamped Image, Patterned Paper)
Sugar Pea Designs: #37 ~ Mix It Up. Colour Inspiration reflected in my backing paper.
Deep Ocean Challenge: Inspired by a Song/Movie ~ Jennifer Saunders playing the Fairy Godmother in Shrek, singing 'Holding Out For a Hero', I totally see Edna rocking that!! LOL.
Paper Play Sketches: Colour Challenge ~ Rust, Antique Green & Caramel - Image below (All these colours are in my floral designer paper)


Comments

Dawn T said…
Fun card Wendy. I bet your friend loved it
Chris said…
Oooh! A fairy after my own heart...Edna knows how to enjoy herself! She looks so gorgeous in her glam teal dress,hope she doesn't hit the floor! Fabulous papers and l/o too!
hugs
Chris
xx
Fikreta said…
Very nice card
Sarah said…
Ha....I always knew that not all fairies are stick thin!! You have done a fabulous job of colouring her and the paper colours are scrummy xx
Edna is such fun and I love the teal, fun fab card
Darlene said…
OMG what a fun creation! Love Edna!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘I See Spots’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Elaine Stark said…
A fun card. Love it. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine
Wendy said…
She’s fabulous! love your gorgeous colours & design.
Hugs
Wendy x
debby4000 said…
Your fairy is fabulous and you've made a gorgeous card with her.
luv
Debby
Christine L said…
Absolutely amazing colouring (particularly her dress!) of this gorgeous Edna (she's my fav, but shhhh.. don't tell the others!) Your colour combo is fabulous and I love the papers you chose too - along with that stunner of a die-cut star.

Now... Can I come over and share the left-over candy please????

Christine x
Cara said…
This is fabulous, love how you used that deep teal colour and Edna is perfectly coloured x
creationsnz said…
She is a stunner and much appreciated I bet! CarolG
Ardyth said…
What a fun (and funny!) card! Love the sparkly wings! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea!
Lilibet said…
Fab crd - I love the Edna images! Thanks for joining our challenge at I love Promarkers, Good Luck, Liz (:(|)x
Crafting Belle said…
Beautiful colouring and card and that sentiment is fun. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx
Amy Kolling said…
Love all your details! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!
What a fun card and great coloring. Thank you for playing along with us at SPD. :)

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy