Whimsy Wonderland

A very warm hello to all my crafty pals out there in the blogosphere. I have such exciting news to share! I have loved Whimsy Stamps for years and have so many of their gorgeous dies and fabulous images. They have such a fabulous team of artists and designers and crafters who bring these art and designs together in beautiful creations. I have spent hours swooning over their amazing creations. So when a DT call popped up recently, I thought I'd try my hand. Honestly, never expecting to be asked to join the team, so you could have knocked me over with a feather when the lovely Denise asked me to join their 'Digital Divas'. Hehe, love the idea of being a 'Diva'! Living in New Zealand makes designing with 'physical' stash a little difficult, so to be joining their digital team is a brilliant fit for me. I can create with their digital papers, stamps and sentiments so easily and this is what I will be doing up until Christmas. So for the next few weeks, you'll get some designs and sneak peeks for new Whimsy digital releases here on my blog. I can't even begin to tell you how exciting this is for me!


For my first DT post, I wanted to create a masculine card, as it's my brother's birthday on Friday and we're all heading over to his for dinner to celebrate. So I used a gorgeous blue watercolour digital paper created by the lovely Tracy Wray from the Whimsy Stamps Digital Design Team. It's from a 'Quick Cards' set called Teal & Pink Quick Cards. You can print and trim it and fold it straight into a top folding card. So clever!


I chose to trim the watercolour panel out of the card layout and use it under a sheet of vellum. I printed and foiled a lovely sentiment from one of the Whimsy October sentiment releases on the vellum. The foil is a gorgeous dark pewter, which such a lovely sheen. You can see the shine in the 'sunlight' shot above. I added a sparkly silver cardstock behind the watercolour panel for a little extra sparkle.


I finished the card with a sweet butterfly which I cut from a strip of butterflies, from a now retired Whimsy Butterfly Border Die. I used Ken Oliver's Double Sided Adhesive 'Stick It' to adhere the foil to the vellum before diecutting the butterflies. The rose gold one in the bottom of the photo was my 'test run' and you can see the foil lifted in places, so with the pewter, I used vellum rather than white cardstock and I didn't try to remove the clear cover on the foil. It wasn't necessary to, so I left it in place and it worked much better.


A quick CAS card, made so easy by Tracy's beautiful watercolour paper design and lovely sentiment. I was on a roll, so I decided to then make a girlie version for my Welsh pal who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow! Okay, yes, I'm hopeless, there's no way it will get to London in time, but at least it's made now! LOL.


So this is my girlie version using the same watercolour pack and sentiment. This is the pink version of the watercolour card, which I popped up on foam, wrapped with some button twine from The Ribbon Girl and printed straight onto the watercolour panel, the same sentiment as the first card, only this time, I didn't foil it. I think the stark black looks fab on the pink, so I left it plain. The card base on this has a lovely gold sheen, which the pic below shows much better.


The fabulous sentiment, I've used on both these cards is from a digital sentiment set Tracy created for the October Whimsy Digital Release. The set is called Positivity 2 Sentiments and has such a variety of fabulous sentiments just perfect for offering encouragement and bringing smiles to even the most Eeyore-like amongst us.

Do pop over to the Whimsy Store and check out the awesome new releases for November. The whole digital design team has put together an incredible release and there's sure to be something everyone will love. I'm off to dance a little happy jig around my lounge, because, woohoo, yippee, I'm on the Whimsy Stamps Digital Design Team! 


Have an awesome week and I'll be back again soon with my next post and soon to follow, more Whimsy fabulousness. If you missed the fact that I have some awesome candy on my blog right now, hit the home button and it'll take you right there. Hugs to you all, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Creative Inspirations: #283 ~ Sparkle
In The Pink: #126 ~ Ribbons and/or Bows
613 Avenue Create: #203 ~ Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl: November Card Challenge
Cute Card Thursday: #502 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #44 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs: November ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #69 ~ Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon: #175 ~ Anything Goes with Ribbon
Always Fun Challenges: #31 ~ Watercolours (I hope digital watercolour counts xo)

Update: Lovely surprise to see I've made the Top 3 at Always Fun Challenges. Thank you so much!


Comments

Valerija said…
Fabulous cas cards ♥ Love the colours!
Valerija xx
Sarah said…
Well done you and rightly deserved!! I love their digital images and papers, you will have a ball!! These are brilliant cards, a great sentiment xx
Christine L said…
Both are fabulous Wends..... and mahoosive CONGRATS on your new DT position - you'll be an asset to the team!

Christine x
Chris said…
Huge congrats on the new DT Wends, they're lucky to have you! You've made a fabulous start with these two beautiful cards.
hugs
Chris
x
Gina's Cards said…
Such beautiful cards and congratulations on your new DT. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/
Wendy said…
Congratulations Wends, so happy for you :) well deserved! Such beautiful CAS cards.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Fikreta said…
wonderful cards!
Dawn T said…
Congratulations Wendy. You have started off with a bang with these two. They are awesome. I like Whimsy Stamps too.
Cara said…
Great news and two amazing cards, love how you showed the masculine and feminine versions x
This is so pretty, and I love the gold butterflies. Fabulous and so lovely!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful art in our challenge. It's such a blessing to have you share your talents, and I hope that you will join us again real soon.
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT
Wendy, firstly congratulations on your dream DT job. You have made some ebautiful clean-and-simple cards which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Guest Designer).
Woohoo, go Wends! Congratulations on the DT appointment, you are a fabulous talent. Loving these 2 fabulous cards, can't pick between them, both awesome! xx
Sheryl said…
These are fabulous CAS cards. I like the added dimension from the die cuts.
Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create .
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx
Rae Ann said…
Love all of the sparkle and shine on this card. The watercolor paper makes the perfect backdrop and the foil butterfly is gorgeous.

Thank you for playing along at Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.
CraftyNatalie said…
Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this month.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy