Whimsy Stamps Challenge ~ My Heaven On Earth

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. It's been another busy week in our household, the pre-Christmas events are already booking up, with school concerts, family birthdays, Christmas dinners. It's all on now in the lead up to Christmas. I forget (every year!) how crazy this time of year gets, almost overnight, as soon as November 1st hits! But rest assured, I still find time to craft and of course, the crafting tends to be all about Christmas from now on. I do so love this time of year. Though we don't 'speak' of Christmas in our household until after December 1st. (Thanks to my Welsh bestie, who forbade it! LOL) It's codename 'sausages', hehe. So I hope you're sausage crafting is going well, mine is in full swing!


How lucky am I, to have these gorgeous digital images from Whimsy Stamps to work with in the lead up to Christmas? I'm still pinching myself that I made the design team. I'm so happy to be designing for them. This beautiful Angel from Crissy Armstrong's talented pen, is utterly enchanting. She needed very little to finish her off. A touch of Copic colour and a sprinkling of glitter to her wings and she was done, ready to watch over our Christmas celebrations. I did edge her with a perfectly toned Promarker to make her sit better in her surroundings too as the stark white trim was a little bright. The Promarker colour I used to edge her was Meadow Green. She was coloured with cool tone Copics and I used E23, YR24, YR23, Y21 & Y11 to colour her hair and halo. I just love the gold tone to her hair with this combo. This sweet image is part of the set called Christmas Accessories from Crissy Armstrong's Digital Collection for Whimsy Stamps.


I decided to make a shaker card with another of the star shaker packs I bought earlier this year. You might remember this card I made for Zac's birthday using this Star Shaker pack. It's such an easy design. The star shape is already cut into the front page and foam layer, so all I had to do was lay the beautiful digital paper that our lovely Tracy from Whimsy Stamps designed over the top layer, cut from the points of the star inwards and then fold them back to create a lovely finish to the inside of the star, no rough raw edges.


I used a beautiful mix of sequins called Coral Island from Little Things from Lucy's Cards and added a small sprinkling of her pretty Iridescent Gems to the mix. She has the prettiest selection of sequins and I was so delighted with how well this particular mix went with the hues of Tracy's beautiful Christmas paper. The print colour is a wee bit down to the printer. I think my laser prints slightly green, as the paper on my screen is a far more blue tone. But I utterly LOVE how this paper printed on my machine. That soft minty green is just magical and serene and so I didn't reprint on my inkjet (which I often do, if a paper doesn't quite come out as I'd like it to on my laser.) I loved the soft green hue of this card. This beautiful paper is from the Accents of Winter digital paper set that Tracy designed. All the papers in this set are utterly delish and I love their soft hues and enchanting Wintery designs. I'll definitely be creating more Christmas cards with this beautiful paper set.


Our new challenge is live on the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges blog and it's our 101 challenge! Over 100 fabulous Whimsy challenges now and it's an awesome challenge to enter, because the prize is always a gift certificate to spend at Whimsy Stamps. How cool is that?! So pull out your Whimsy stash and come and join us in the challenge this month. You have a whole month to enter. Anything goes as long as you use a Whimsy Stamp. So come along and play with us. 

I'll be back again soon with my next crafty adventure. In the meantime have a beautiful week and happy crafting! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
The Ribbon Girl: November Card Challenge
Colour Crazy Challenge: #45 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: #183 ~ Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge: #168 ~ Things With Wings
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #69 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge: #354 ~ Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge: Merry & Bright ~ Christmas Card
Moving Along With The Times: #58 ~ Trees (on my lovely digital paper)
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Let The Sparkle Fly (Hehe, I think my wee Angel wings fit the theme nicely?!)

Update: I made the Top 3 at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Thank you so much ladies. I'm really delighted! xoxo


Comments

Chris said…
Beautiful card Wends! The star shaped shaker looks gorgeous with those fabulous gems and sequins, the little angel is delightful and I love the soft delicate colours of the DP.
Hope your sausage preparations are going well too!
Hugs
Chris
x
Lucy Patrick said…
It does seem to get crazy busy once 1st November hits doesn't it, I agree totally Wends! I love Christmas but not a huge lover of making Christmas cards so I find it tough craft-wise to get my mojo going sometimes. I love the sweet sentiment and lovely shaker card you've created. XOX Lucy
Ribbon Girl said…
really nice card and the angel hair is lovely! ps regarding your use of the word 'sausage' you might be tickled to know that one of the UK biggest chain bakery shops (Greggs) with HQ in Newcastle on Tyne not too far from me, used one of their delicious flaky pastry sausage rolls to put in the manger instead of the baby Jesus with the 3 wise men looking on for their festive advertising - it ruffled more than a few feathers I can tell you!!! there was a huge outcry over here, so now you know why I had a little giggle at your mention of the 'sausage' word. Have a lovely run up to this special time of year, Mary xx The Ribbon Girl
Wendy L said…
A beautiful card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx
Macimbalo said…
Lovely card - that angel is just perfect for this gorgeous shaker card. The details are so pretty and the serene mood of your card is so refreshing to see! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.
Darlene said…
Oh yes ... your angel sparkles beautifully!! Lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Let the Sparkle Fly’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

coldwaters2 said…
Beautiful festive card Wends I love the shaker element also that wonderful pretty image this is such a serene looking card
hugs
lorraine x
Cara said…
This is a gorgeous shaker card. I love the code name!
Pat said…
Fabulous shaker card Wends and such a sweet angel image, love everything about this card.

Pat xx
Oh my goodness! What a sweet image, colored perfectly and a fun idea to make the shaker in the star. Fantastic design!
Helen said…
A great card - thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Helen x
Emma said…
What a beautiful creation! The image is so sweet and I think the shaker element is perfect for the card! I love the colour scheme and all the little details you've added, it brings everything together :) Thanks for joining us at MAWTT, Emma (DT)

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy