Fab 'n' Funky ~ All Tied Up

Hey there lovelies. It's been a long and tiring day today. My wee girlie is on her EOTC this week (Education Outside The Classroom) which is super exciting, but very tiring, both for her and her mama running around and prepping things for her! She went snowboarding on Tuesday, Snorkeling today, she's off Mountain Biking and Adventure Climbing tomorrow and then on Friday they'll spend the day at Parakai Natural Hotsprings! What a week!! It's also my Swedich best mate's birthday today, so I am emotionally 'somewhere else' all day! I miss her like crazy and yes, I'm getting a little choked up typing that. So I'm a little behind with this post, forgive me. But I have been SOOO looking forward to sharing this card with you and this week is the perfect opportunity as we have a new challenge at Fab 'n' Funky, which is being hosted by our lovely Chris. She's chosen the theme 'All Tied Up', which gives you plenty of scope to create with ribbon, twine and anything else you can think of that can be tied in a bow!


Now if you have a sense of déjà vu looking at this card, let me explain why! I followed the most fabulous tutorial by Mindy Baxter in a bid to improve my colouring skills and this is what I created. So, you may have seen Mindy's card with this image and yes, mine is coloured just as her tutorial guides, so very similar to hers, but I promise, all my own colouring work! LOL. I'm so proud of this and so happy I discovered Mindy's tutorials. I just find her voice so very soothing and her tutorials so easy to follow! I loved it so much, I signed up for another (and then another!). So I'll have plenty more to share soon.


This gorgeous image is by Make It Crafty, the lovely Zoe provided the image for the tutorial at a discounted rate and it is just so lovely to work with. Those pleats were a challenge, but so fun! I adore this most especially because that green, is 'my' green. I wear this colour ALOT! So I was in my own little Heaven colouring this wonderful image in colours I adore. I hand drew the snowbanks following Mindy's instructions and then coloured the sky in that soft gradient. LOVE that sky! So fun and very relaxing to do. I loved colouring this up so much, I didn't want to detract from the colouring, so I kept my card design very CAS.


All it needed was a snowy mat and some delish Christmas paper in just the right hue of green and voila, done. Okay, I added some twine, because Chris made me, LOL. Love that green twine though, how perfect is that for this image and paper?! It was a little plain with just the twine, so I added a couple of vintaged jingle bells and then I was done. Happily... done... smiling a very satisfied smile... like a silly cheshire cat, hehe, get me! So nice to 'love' something we create so much.


The rest of my uber talented teamies, lead on by our lovely Chris, have created some utterly stellar creations for this challenge, so do head over and check out what they've done for this fab theme. So much deliciousness in one place! I hope you'll join us this week with your own 'All Tied Up' creation. I can't wait to see what you're inspired to do! I'll be back again VERY soon with another crafty adventure. Until then, happy crafting and big hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Catz: #396 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: #152 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #204 ~ Christmas/Winter
Colour Crazy Challenge: #48 ~ Anything Goes
Simons Says Monday Challenge: Icy Inspiration
Crafting From The Heart: #186 ~ Anything Goes
Come And Get It Challenge: Christmas Challenge
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #71 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge: #356 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #284 ~ Winter/Christmas

Comments

Sarah said…
This is stunning Wendy and your colouring is perfect xx
Chris said…
Wow! Loved this as soon as I saw it...such amazing colouring! Your lovely simple design frames the beautiful image perfectly, thanks for adding the twine :))
Chris
x
This is awesome, love it
Dawn T said…
Just WOW. what a stunner Wendy. It is one beautiful card.
Cara said…
Beautiful card, perfectly coloured and I love all the texture x
Fikreta said…
gorgeous card!
hugs
Pat said…
What an absolutely stunning creation Wends, the colouring is just awesome and the image is beautiful, fabulous make I love it.

Pat xx
Hi Wends...What a beautiful cards....stunning image.....Joolsx
Buffy said…
Lovely card Wends
Hugs Buffy xx
creationsnz said…
Beautifully made and gently coloured Wendy. So glad you joined our Christmas challenge at Come And Get It, CarolG 
Janette said…
Really gorgeous card, just lovely...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x
Christine L said…
Absolutely beautiful colouring of that lovely girl.. and the sky and snow drifts are perfectly done too! I've got to say, I love everything about this.. including the finishing touch of those little bells!

Christine x
Kleri said…
Gorgeous coloring!Super cute winter card!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner this week!Hope you join us again soon!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)
Rae Ann said…
The bright blue is so vibrant pops on this project. You did a wonderful job coloring this image.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.
alex said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
such a stunning card!! the blue is awesome, it is so bold and the image is perfectly colored!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you again! x zoey
Deepti Aggarwal said…
Gorgeously Gorgeous!!I love it..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy